View Full Version : I just Bought....

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Monty Mike
April 19th, 2005, 04:30 PM
I did a search, and found failed to find a 'Just bought' thread. So here I have started one.

Anyway, I just picked up World Snooker Championship 2005, which has taken over my life as of today. Also, La Pluccele: Tactics, though I've been too addicted to snooker to try it. I'll do my best to review both of them.

Well, it's my turn.... :eek:

*goes back to 3rd frame where he's losing 59-0*

:rolleyes:

Zanzibar
April 21st, 2005, 06:13 PM
Haven't bought anything recently but a few months ago I picked up Katamari Damacy (HEHE), Call of Duty: Finest Hour, and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (shouldn't that me 'Til?), all for the PS2. Unfortunately, I can't get back to playing them until I buy a new PS2. Money sucks.

Solaar
April 22nd, 2005, 12:02 PM
I can't afford anything lately but I want Timesplitters 3 REAL bad!!!

Solaar
lol

Monty Mike
April 22nd, 2005, 12:38 PM
Haven't bought anything recently but a few months ago I picked up Katamari Damacy (HEHE), Call of Duty: Finest Hour, and Star Ocean: Till the End of Time (shouldn't that me 'Til?), all for the PS2. Unfortunately, I can't get back to playing them until I buy a new PS2. Money sucks.
If you need a new PS2 because it won't read disc, then you can fix that by cleaning the lense burner.

*isn't sure if Zanzi already knows*

If that's the problem and you don't know how to clean it, just unscrew the PS2 and lift the shell off, then simply dab some highly concentrated alcahol on a cloth and carefully wipe it. Whilst you're in there you may as well blow away any dust.

Whenever mine stops working that's what I do, and you should get another few months out of it each time.

Zanzibar
April 22nd, 2005, 03:37 PM
I did open it up recently and dusted it out. I tried cleaning the lens with one of those cleaning cds that have little brushs on them but I didn't trust it to work very well. The odd thing is is that it reads only one of my games, and it reads that one flawlessly. Stumps me but I'll try your suggestion. Thanks!

JamesL
April 25th, 2005, 03:59 AM
I can't afford anything lately but I want Timesplitters 3 REAL bad!!!

Solaar
lol

I'm a bit worried to get TS3 because I loved TS2 and I'm a little concerned that I'll be disappointed with the new game. I've only read one review and it got a decent score but the tagline seemed to be that it is simply more of the same. Not a bad thing by any means, but I'm not sure if I'll pick it up.

One thing I have picked up (at last!) is Resident Evil 4. Oh yes. :)
The series was in need of something of a renewal and this looks like just the ticket.

Infected villagers with chainsaws and pitchforks?
Sea monsters?
Creepy central European villages?

Where do I sign up??? :D

Zanzibar
April 25th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Future Perfect is supposed to be a hell of a lot better than TS2, which I too love (my favorite game!). The biggest improvement is in the story mode, meaning there actually is one. TS2's was nice and challenging but a little tacky and a very arcade experience. The map editors apparantly been given an overhaul and there's online play now (for those who want it). They cut out the spiltscreen multiplayer though, which annoys me. Hopefully I can still test my mettle against hordes of bots. Anyway, I'll be buying it sometime soon.

PS I won!!! But where did I place, O.J.?

Jacquin
June 1st, 2005, 04:52 AM
I bought the Simpsons Road Rage to amuse my daughter recently.

I LOVE IT!!!!!

This game is all the best things from GTA with some of the best animated characters in the world ever. Homer and Moe crack me up every time...

If you haven't got this game then go buy it now.

J

Becks
June 1st, 2005, 07:13 PM
Simpsons Roadrage was alright but Timesplitters FP ROCKS!!!!! In fact its my fave game!!!!!!! I love FPSs like Unreal tournament and Quake!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just bought Alien Hominid as well, its not bad but not half as good as Timesplitters FP........and just bought that as well, I rented it out before and story mode is cool, but not as good as arcade, and the cheats are FAABULOUS, my personal fave is Human gun sounds...Im sorry if ive spoilt anything!!!!!!!!!!I recommend that anyone with any sense(who liked other Timesplitters games) should get this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS. in my opinion TSFP IS better than TS2!!!!!!!!!!

Solaar
June 6th, 2005, 02:05 PM
I GOT IT!!! Time Splitters 3!!!!

It's better than I expected! All my friends are converted and after 3 days I've played it for over 11 hours! (much to the missus' misfortune)

Solaar
off to play again and improve his 7%