View Full Version : Where do you go?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : 1 [2] 3

FicusFan
April 24th, 2005, 10:52 PM
I always get emails saying if I have any new messages, or if I have any and I don't answer that email first it pops up in my face as soon as I get onto the SFFWorld.

I get email notification of all the threads I am subscribed to, and I answer them first - with the PM ones the first of the first. Then I go to Fantasy, if there are any new messages I go to the Book Group, I don't really go into the Author's forum other than GRRM and Terry Pratchett - if there are new messages. Then SF and if there are any new messages on to the Book Group. If there is anything in Horror that looks interesting I will stop in then on to General Fiction. I only occasionally wander into the 'official author forums'. Then into General Discussion, then Film & TV, then I look to see if there is anything new in Feedback. Pretty much in the order they are listed from top to bottom. :)

I only go into the FunZone if I have a message, I have looked at Art once, Writing once, and have never been to Games or Comics or Collaborative Stories.

Zanzibar
April 25th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Now I start with my blog, then those of other's (posting comments and whatnot). Jump to my user CP, respond to anything that I feel like. Forums up next, where I answer any PM's I have before simply wandering, looking for things to gripe about. I also visit the community and games sections whenever the mood should strike me. Every so often I'll sneak over to the art section and pine about how I can't draw nearly as well as anyone in there :( .

Dawnstorm
April 25th, 2005, 12:18 PM
I use Mozilla Firebird and tabbed browsing; that means, I'll download all the pages I intend to read and then I go offline to do the actual reading, if - after the reading - there's still time left I'll post replies.

Depending on how much online time I have it goes something like this:

1. Writing
2. Authors Forums
3. General Discussion
4. Funzone (with priority on the Role Play threads)

Extended will include:

SF, F, and General Fiction

Rarely (if I've got lots of time, or there's little new):

Films & TV, Games

[These days, I look at a lot fewer critique threads in the writing section than I used to. It takes up too much time, and with me it's either thoroughly or not at all. Same goes for the Collab Story Forum. Pity :( ]

northerain
April 25th, 2005, 12:42 PM
I click on ''quick links'' and then new posts :D

Priestvyrce
April 25th, 2005, 01:02 PM
I go to the forums page and hit the New Posts button.

butterfly
April 25th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Fantasy, authors, writing and general discussion. I have snuck into art, never been near the games section and if I have loads of time then F&tv.
Of course this list goes out the window if I haven't been here in a while then its new posts. :D

tooeviltoknow
April 25th, 2005, 05:49 PM
... the seventh level of hell ... I mean the staff section :D onward ...

Just wondering, what does it takes to become a moderator here?

kater
April 25th, 2005, 05:54 PM
Ah I see one who seeks enlightenment. First on your list of tasks is to hunt down the creature known as Ogg, wash his feet and cut his toe nails. When you have achieved this you will be ready for the next stage in the initiation :D

MrBF1V3
April 26th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Just wondering, what does it takes to become a moderator here?

If you become a moderator you can't make fun of them behind their backs anymore.

B5

ahem ... at least that what I've heard.

kahnovitch
April 27th, 2005, 05:53 AM
If you become a moderator you can't make fun of them behind their backs anymore.

B5

ahem ... at least that what I've heard.

Not true.

Plus, you get to make fun of them to their face in the staff room.

Be warned though, some of them don't have a sense of humour. :p