PDA

View Full Version : Lone Gunmen

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

juzzza
April 25th, 2005, 07:09 AM
I'm not sure why I bought the box-set of this show, I think it is because I am having a show phase... I.E. I like buying entire series of shows I did not catch on the TV, so I can enjoy them back-to-back. So far I have bought and enjoyed Firefly, Babylon 5, Black Books, Ray Mears: Bushcraft, the entire Michael Palin collection and now this Lone Gunmen.

The Lone Gunmen is the X-Files spin-off show, following the antics of the three geeks who help Mulder and Scully with some of the conspiracy theories.

I've only watched three episodes so far but I am not sure if I like it or not. It's just so... rediculous. I don't appreciate the slapstick humour they are wrapping around the smallest geek, with him tripping and slipping over every five minutes and the Mission Impossible trapeze trick in the first episode is rubbish... also, was it really necessary to have the hot, Lara Croft-esque lady geek in this show?

Anyone else any thoughts, is this supposed to be 'funny'?

H.F.
April 25th, 2005, 08:42 PM
I remember catching this show when it first aired, but I didn't watch much beyond the first episode.

I really liked the Lone Gunmen on the X-Files, and their stand-alone episodes were usually pretty good. I'm not quite sure what they were trying for in the tv show, but it just didn't seem like the Gunmen to me. They added some good-looking guy as their side-kick or something, if I remember. Maybe the Lone Gunmen were just meant to be bit players. Still, I think the show could have worked if they hadn't tried to "improve" on the original formula so much.

milamber_reborn
April 28th, 2005, 07:53 PM
I loved watching this series. It's a fun show, not at all serious like X-Files.