PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: The TV series!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Wulfa_Jones
April 26th, 2005, 01:00 PM
Read Here! (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/4484915.stm)

Yep it's been confirmed by the big bearded one himself.

There will be a new animated show (likely to be 3D :( ) and a live action series set between the end of Sith and the start of New Hope.

I'd guess this means it will be focusing on the start of the rebels and likely to feature characters such as Bail Organa and Crix Madine as Lucas has already confirmed it will feature minor characters from the Star Wars films.

He's suggested something alone the lines of the Youn Indiana Jones... while that show had it's good points I'm hoping for something a little better!

Evil Agent
April 29th, 2005, 12:28 AM
WHAT?!? CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm excited, regardless of whether or not it sucks.

I also heard on Extra recently that, despite repeated official denials of a possible Episode VII VIII IX, Lucas is suddenly now saying he might actually do it. What a flip-flopper!

Solaar
April 29th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I've heard this several times...

Is anyone else worried about this?

Solaar
hopes Lucas ISN'T involved

Evil Agent
April 29th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Well the most promising thing in that link, is that Lucas said after hiring the people and getting it started, he would 'step away' from it.

Sounds good so far, too bad he didn't do that with the prequels! :)

Wulfa_Jones
May 2nd, 2005, 01:11 PM
In regards to episodes VII VIII IX: "hmm...." Of course Lucas said orignally that he'd written a guideline for 9 "episodes" but then he said he only intended there to be 6 and that Star Wars was Anakin's story and that ended when Vader died in Jedi. I'm not sure I'd like to see the last 3 episodes, if they focused on Luke, Han and Leia then they would have to be played by the original cast.

In regards to the TV show:
My greatest fear! (http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2005-04-27&res=l)

Merancapeman
May 3rd, 2005, 06:41 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGG GGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Sorry, just had to put it out there. Oh well. I won't spoil the fun for you guys, so all I'll say is that I will never forgive Lucas....

...Never...

Khallandra
May 7th, 2005, 03:00 AM
I'm open to it, I quite enjoyed the Clone Wars animated series so I'm open. If they are clearly made to be a 'spin off' like Cloe Wars and its obvious that they are of that nature they should do well. What I mean is I liked Clone Wars cuase I took it to be a kids cartoon and not an adults TV show - so it worked :)

SubZero61992
May 9th, 2005, 07:51 PM
I enjoyed the Clone Wars animation series but I didnt like how they put them animated special effects in like the out of scale hands, legs.
I especially didnt like the Wampa like creatures they introduced.

But I am one of the few who care about them small things.

Solaar
May 12th, 2005, 02:07 PM
I caught a couple of episodes of the cartoon and was pleasantly surprised.

But then I did like Droids as well!!!

Solaar
the strange

ezchaos
May 15th, 2005, 06:28 PM
I've always wondered why there never was a live action Star Wars tv series. I know that the movies have made gazillions of $$ by themselves, but I'd think that television would open up a whole new universe. I've always envisioned a series that involved a Han Solo type character. Hell, look at all of the Trek series. I was never into Star Trek, but I'd definitley check out a Star Wars series. Maybe Lucas was waiting for all 6 of the movies to be made before letting the flood gates open.