View Full Version : All things FIREFLY and SERENITY [SPOILERS]

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Duanawitch
April 26th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Its out today! (You can access it here (http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/serenity/)) Wheeeeee!

What do people think? Accessible to a non-Firefly obsessed audience? :)

Personally, I thought it played well to a mainstream audience, but with less humour than I would have liked (and expected).

Och! I'm so excited! :D

Leiali
April 27th, 2005, 07:48 AM
I don't have quick time on my pc and I don't have time to download it :( Anyone seen trailers that might be easier for me to watch?! I'm desperate to see it!

Duanawitch
April 27th, 2005, 09:09 AM
I'm not sure...I went to the website and looks like a deal has been done with Apple to circulate the trailer online. Saying that, the Browncoats site (http://browncoats.serenitymovie.com/serenity/) has a huge number of fans who may know how to get Windows Media file formats. :)

Lots of River kicking ass in the trailer, but hardly anything of my two favourites - Shephard Book and Kaylee.

Leiali
April 27th, 2005, 09:43 AM
I'm on a different PC at the mo which doesn't even have sound so there is no point...
River kicking arse? (I can't spell it American, I say it English!) I'm with you Duanawitch, the Shepherd and Kaylee are such good characters, I'd much rather learn the Shepherds secrets than go into Alliance stuff with River and Simon...Does anyone else think Wesley Crusher when they see River? Geeky teen with spectacular abilities annoying you at every turn? Though Jaynes comments about River should be entertaining, she generally gets on my nerves. As long as Malcolm Reynolds is in it though, I don't care ;)

juzzza
April 27th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Yeehaw!!! I'm hoping for some whor... um, Companion action.

You can't take the sky from me...

Leiali
April 27th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Yeehaw!!! I'm hoping for some whor... um, Companion action.

You can't take the sky from me...

You are the bane of my life Juzzza.
'But I don't care, I'm still freeeee....' I hope Innara gets boils, but then you'd just ogle Zoe and Kaylee wouldn't you? And its not like Cap'n Reynolds isn't a fine specimen of a man...right, ok, you can have that one.

Anyone know what the general plot idea is? We discussed it in my household and it was generally agreed that it would have to start with an introduction to the crew, and may not necessarily be geared towards fans so much as a new audience. I want them to jump right in and finish what they started!

Archren
April 27th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Man, that trailer ROCKED! Can't wait to see it... 5 months is so long!

I'd have loved to see more of Shepard Book, but my impression is that Ron Glass had a bunch of other stuff on his plate and so was only available for limited filming time. I thought he was in it a little though...

Isn't Kaylee the cutest thing in the known Universe? And frankly, my favorite line from the trailer is (of course) a Wash line: "Define 'Interesting'." "My God, My God, we're all going to die?" :D

Priestvyrce
April 27th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Never really got into the show, BUT this trailer makes me want to spend money on seeing this Fall.

Shehzad
April 27th, 2005, 04:03 PM
I don't have quick time on my pc and I don't have time to download it :( Anyone seen trailers that might be easier for me to watch?! I'm desperate to see it!

Try downloading Quicktime Alternative from www.free-codecs.com

milamber_reborn
April 27th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Just searching Browncoats for a downloadable version.

I just hope the movie's so successful it funds Season 2!