View Full Version : New games in the next generation

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Zanzibar
April 27th, 2005, 11:25 AM
What games are you really looking forward to on the next-gen consoles, or what games would you like to see made for them? Personally, I think these new consoles are being released too soon, but that's a little off topic. When they get here, I'll be waiting with bated breath for the new Grand Theft Auto, which is going to absolutely knock me on my arse, I'm sure. I'd also like to see a sequel to Killzone. Oh, and Timesplitters 4, of course (even though 3 just came out :D ), though I'd like to see that come much later after I've played the hell out of Future Perfect.

kahnovitch
April 28th, 2005, 09:59 AM
To be honest the "next gen" consoles are always a generation (or two) behind PC's.
The one big thing they seem to lack are good strategy games as you really need a keyboard and mouse for those.

The day consoles get "virtual" I may be interested.

kater
April 28th, 2005, 11:03 AM
I think a problem with predictin next-gen games is that almost everything mentioned will be a sequel. All the original and inventive games will either slip under the radar or be major surprises. Take GTA - no-one banked on it being changed to 3-D on PS2 and no-one ever would have believed it could be so damn good. Also as with all next-gen consoles it will take until the second or third generation for games to fully utilise the specfications and tools of the system. But if I had to pick one it would be GTA, what they could do with all that extra power Sony are going to feed them will be insane.

Monty Mike
April 28th, 2005, 12:39 PM
I wouldn't like to think they're being released too early (I've been waiting for them for ages), although the PS2 and others still have quite a long life left. I'd love to see a few Final Fantasies on the PS3 (as well as many other RPGs), and the sport games will also be amazingly realistic.

Does anyone know what the prices are likely to be? I'm guessing anywhere between 300-400.

So who's getting what? (PS3 for me)

Zanzibar
April 28th, 2005, 01:33 PM
PS3 for me too. I never want an X-Box. Never! I don't know the conversion rates monty, but I'm guessing it'll be close to a thousand dollars (Canadian)! The PS2 was around five hundred when it was first released here.

Zanzibar
April 28th, 2005, 03:22 PM
What I want is a racing game that I'll enjoy. I've always been a little miffed that I don't like 'em (except Rock 'n' Roll racing on the SNES, of course ;) ). Something sci-fi but good would catch my attention, I think.

milamber_reborn
April 28th, 2005, 08:58 PM
FIFA 2007 mainly.

JamesL
April 29th, 2005, 04:11 AM
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion looks pretty stunning so far, so I guess I'll be waiting for that. :)

Eurytus
April 29th, 2005, 07:35 AM
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion looks pretty stunning so far, so I guess I'll be waiting for that. :)

Absolutely agree. I have spent longer on Morrowind than any other game by far and so this one looks stunning. A must buy.

JamesL
April 29th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Absolutely agree. I have spent longer on Morrowind than any other game by far and so this one looks stunning. A must buy.

Dammit, once again I feel like the only person who can't get into Morrowind! :confused:

I really have no idea why this is the case. I bought an xbox specifically to play Morrowind (my pc at that time was not good enough to run it) and yet despite several forays into it, I couldn't get myself really into it. I'm not sure why.

I think maybe it was because I was (and still am) such a huge fan of Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall that I hoped Morrowind was just Daggerfall with better graphics, which it definitely isn't.

Must try to play Morrowind again, as I'm sure it is a great game. :(