View Full Version : PSP or DS?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Monty Mike
May 1st, 2005, 08:04 PM
Well, a few days ago I had a go on a PSP, and even though I've wanted one from the start, it just reassured me. So, I'm curious what everyone else is getting/already has?

Personally, the DS wasn't very well designed (aesthetically or ergonomically). Nothing about it interests me as much as the PSP, as well as the fact that Nintendo don't offer the Final Fantasy titles (as far as I'm aware). I do, however, feel I'm missing out on Pokemon..... :(

Gregorius_H
May 1st, 2005, 11:52 PM
I want a PSP, that new wipeout game looks awesome.

JamesL
May 2nd, 2005, 03:56 AM
I feel personally the DS is superior to the PSP. Nintendo have been dirtying their hands in the handheld market for years and years; they know what it takes and there is no doubt that they have a stranglehold on the market.
Sony are taking a brave step by even trying to challenge them.

However I think that firstly the PSP is too expensive (about 199 to the DS's 99) and that also the design is not as good as the DS. The dual screen on the DS sounds gimmicky but it works an absolute treat. Overall I believe the DS has a better lineup of games; Nintendo's quality in this market is proven, and so it follows that more companies will be willing to develop for the DS.

Still, it'll be interesting to see how things pan out.

Edit: Just had a quick look on Amazon (UK version) and was interested to see that the DS has 181 customer reviews and and an average score of 4.5 out of 5.

kater
May 2nd, 2005, 09:53 AM
Amazon is hardly a guide to quality :D I want both :D

Zanzibar
May 2nd, 2005, 12:32 PM
I don't want either. I cart around enough crap already, I'm not stuffing one of those things in my pocket :). Seriously though, I'm not much for handheld gaming. After the Gameboy went color it lost its appeal and I gave my Gameboy Pocket to my nephew. Never played a handheld game since. Don't really have a reason other then that I just don't want 'em. Playstation's enough for me (and Super Nintendo of course!).

aurora_ice
May 15th, 2005, 01:10 PM
I have a DS and it absolutly rocks. I do wish they'd hurry up and come out with an RPG for it before I lose interest. There's a Kirby game comin out for it! :D I love Kirby! :D But yeah, the PSP is gonna need alot of help if it wants to beat the DS in quality, in my opinion. ;)

400kbps
July 7th, 2005, 01:07 AM
the hacking community of the psp makes it the better of the two.

Shehzad
July 7th, 2005, 08:59 AM
I'll stick with my PDA....

Final07
July 7th, 2005, 11:18 AM
I will live happily with my ps2 and xbox, though there are certain games that you can't get on neither one of those systems, but you can on ds or psp.....But ps2 and xbox have way better games, not to mention better graphics! :)

Becks
July 7th, 2005, 11:41 AM
I would like a psp, but my Xbox is fine!!!!!!!I hate the nintendo ds' they seem weird....

I could live without one, the psp come out a little while before my birthday, but Im saving up for an ipod so itll have to wait!!!!!