Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Hereford Eye
May 4th, 2005, 08:34 AM
If you do not wish to do the work, try this:
http://bookmillionaire.com/

OTOH, there is a saying about a fool and his/her money.

KatG
May 4th, 2005, 01:18 PM
I'm going to be exceedingly ill. Excuse me.

JamesL
May 4th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Yet another example of how 'reality tv' is poisoning modern society! :(

Stuff like this just cheapens the whole art of writing. The person who wins this trash will be famous for five minutes, probably sell a few novels and then disappear into oblivion.

Miriamele
May 4th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Ditto--pass the barf bag this way when you're done with it! :D :D

There is no way I am going to be able to watch that ridiculous show. :rolleyes:

Hereford Eye
May 4th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen: It's a scam, pure and simple. There is no show and no network behind it but they will be willing to take your money.

Miriamele
May 4th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Really? Well I admit, I didn't read through the whole article...couldn't bring myself to. But I did notice that it didn't look like a very professional website. I sure hope it's not real. :eek:

michaelS0620
May 4th, 2005, 02:15 PM
As much as we all enjoy writing, I can't imagine it would make tv that most people would be interested in watching. So its either an outright scam, or one of these "Who wants to marry a Millionaire" deals where there really is a reality show, but its not about what you are lead to believe. For instance, they might stick you publishers, agents, etc. who are really actors, who act all crazy to push you to the brink of instanity and film it so the rest of the country can laugh.

MrBF1V3
May 4th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Whatever happened to...

Step One: Write something good.

(Just so you know, I'm still working on step one :rolleyes: )

How can the promise a best seller for the winner? (Unless they intend to buy all the copies themselves.) Eeeee, I hope this is a scam, but I said the same thing about the show called, "Wife Swap"

B5

JRMurdock
May 4th, 2005, 07:00 PM
I'm gonne be on the show!

Ok, I'm kidding. This is just silly. Who wants to sit around and watch a fat guy write fiction.

One thing you will get from this is spam spam spam

Complete this now to receive "Book Millionaire" Newsletter filled with
great publishing information and all the latest "Book Millionaire"
news, updates and the "Book Millionaire" Application.

So in order to apply, you must first sign up for their newsletter to get all the 'publishing' garbage they can throw at you. Yea, sounds like a good time.

Expendable
May 4th, 2005, 07:08 PM
and they're probably looking for photogenic people.

Here's what I found on this site (http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2005/4/emw228459.htm) about this show:

In the first season, the candidates will be placed on multiple teams to compete in real-world book promotion assignments featuring prominent companies and currently published titles. Viewers will watch the drama unfold as the tests reveal the candidates’ personalities, marketing skills, creativity, result-producing talents and team-working abilities. The Publisher Committee, comprised of publishing and information product experts, will measure the success of these tasks.

"The mysterious veil of publishing will be lifted," Prokop continued. "Viewers will experience first-hand how best-selling authors are created. The real-life, how-to-publish information delivered in this highly entertaining way is going to make it happen for candidate authors and viewers alike."

Real world book promotion? Currently published titles? Total fakeout.