View Full Version : Resident Evil 3: Afterlife

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

SubZero61992
May 6th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Well, on IMBM movie board I discovered this quite some time ago but never thought to post it here.
I believe it is said this one will star Claire from the RE games, and maybe Leon.

Thats all I know about it, so what do you think?

I personally enjoy both of the films although most of you hate it. I think in the RE world both movies were very attuned to the game except for the poor thinking about the characters true roles from the game.

Khallandra
May 7th, 2005, 02:55 AM
I like the movies, but then again I've never played the games (though I know someone who just bought the first one and is getting annoyed at the lack of save points). I'd watch the 3rd one. It's mindless dribble - but decent mindless dribble! If I wanted to watch 'thought provoking movies' I would ;)

JamesL
May 7th, 2005, 04:09 AM
Despite being a total Resident Evil freak, I've never seen the movies. Have to say I've not been particularly motivated to as they look so distant from the games. I'm not surprised that they are making a third, as both previous ones did ok commercially I think.

Personally I just feel that the Resident Evil series is not suited to the screen -the games are all about atmosphere and I'm not sure how well this translates to the silver screen.

You might want to check out my review of Resi Evil 4 that is now up in the games section. :D

SubZero61992
May 8th, 2005, 07:04 PM
I have beat Resident Evil 4 five times now and have unlocked both bonus weapons. The game is just so intrigueing.

Khallandra, I would tell your friend that the lack of save points is all part of the RE atmosphere.

kahnovitch
May 9th, 2005, 04:36 AM
I'm a huge fan of the RE games.Played the first three on the old PS one ages ago.

Didn't mind the first flim too much. It was okay.

The second both sucked and blowed at the same time.

Not going to bother with the third at all.

SubZero61992
May 9th, 2005, 04:51 PM
I dont understand why people thought the 2nd one sucked so bad, other then the cheesy Nemises parts.
I thought their dialogue was close to what people would say in the real situation, except for the Alice's explaination parts, but hey, she isnt completely human anymore.

kahnovitch
May 10th, 2005, 09:48 AM
The second film was a classic case of "style over content".

The director was more concerned with how cool everything looked, rather than capturing any sense of fear or dread.

For example when Alice saves everyone from the lickers at the beginning by crashing through the window on a motorcycle.

And the dialogue?

Jill asks Alice "Who the f**k are you?" after she's just been saved by Alice.
(Bit of a Chubby Brown moment there)

That's gratitude for you. ;)

SubZero61992
May 12th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Yes, I agree on them parts.
I hate it when I see parts where they try to make them seem cool but end up making them look stupid.
The motorcycle part was like this, and in some ways the part where Carlos jumped from the helicopter.

kahnovitch
May 12th, 2005, 03:57 PM
The films fail to really create the really creepy sense of fear that the games had.

Alice (who was never in any of the game's I've played) has become pretty much invincible and doesn't even break a nail, much less a sweat, when dealing with the dangers in her environment.

The fist fight with Nemesis was really daft.

I don't care how well Alice fights, the Nemesis is 7 feet tall, bullet proof and walks around with enough firepower to win a war single handedly, yet he was considered the inferior creation.

Just not buying that.

Wulfa_Jones
May 15th, 2005, 09:32 AM
I'm a big fan of the games and future leader of the I hate Paul WS Anderson League so you can guess my position on the movies.

The movies, in my opinion, are one of the greatest wasted opportunities. I would discuss in more detail but would get far to angry so I'm best to leave it!

However...Subzero the IMDB ref isn't about the film but about the game:

Click here! (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0207701/)