PDA

View Full Version : Aeon Flux

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

BlackCauldron
May 6th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Curious what people think about this movie coming out in the fall. Turning animation into live action, hiring an Oscar winner to play Aeon Flux...it could be quite intriguing. Anyone a fan of the old show and/or looking forward to the movie?

Dawnstorm
May 8th, 2005, 12:43 PM
I remember seeing it for the first time in Liquid Television; not a single word spoken. Brilliant!

I liked the MTV series, too.

I wonder if the unique style can be transferred to a real life movie, though. Setting and camera will be importent. Cast looks ok. I'll probably watch it.

Wulfa_Jones
May 8th, 2005, 02:17 PM
I don't know the MTV series at all... I seem to remember seeing the end of one episode once but then I never used to have cable so...

I've not heard much about the film, Charlie Therzon (sp?) looks pretty good (but then she does most of time!).

For once, considering it's a genre film, I'm really not sure how this is going to play out...

SubZero61992
May 8th, 2005, 07:00 PM
I never seen the animation or even heard of it until now but www.moviespoilers.net has some info and pictures about it.

Dawnstorm
May 9th, 2005, 04:58 AM
Well, the cartoon reminded me of Moorcock's Jerry Cornelius stories. In a post-apocalyptic cyber-punk setting... If that makes sense at all... :p

BlackCauldron
May 10th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Thanks for that link Subzero, they had a couple pictures I hadn't seen before. Dawnstorm, I'm also really intrigued by the stories setting/plot, being set in the 25th century, they have the potential to do some really cool stuff with how the world is "designed" for the film.