SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

JamesL
May 13th, 2005, 11:53 AM
I got pretty excited this morning when I read this. :D

The Xbox title FABLE is being ported to PC, but it is not just a straight port. A whole new area - the Northern Wastes - has been added to the game world, featuring a town called Snowspire and a dungeon called the necropolis - allegedly the most scary place in Albion. :)

There is a host of new monsters, weapons and items, while the plot has been fleshed out and beefed up.

I completed the xbox version twice and although I hugely enjoyed it, I found it a letdown in some respects and traded it in. I did regret that later and so now I will definitely be picking this version up when it hits the shelves, as it sounds like it could be closer to the game that the original version wanted to be. ;)

saintjon
May 14th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Further proof that I have no reason to own an X-box :D.

Becks
May 14th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Hey i love my xbox its my best friend, well almost!
I havent even played on fable so i cant exactly say im thrilled about the pc game, i may try it out though...

aurora_ice
May 14th, 2005, 09:38 PM
i loved Fable on Xbox and i'm looking forward to the new PC version, but i'm not gonna get too excited about it. we all know that Fable's creator promised a lot for the Xbox version, but when it came out it was a huge disappointment compared to what he said it would be. He also needs to hurry up with Black&White 2, darn it! :mad:

Becks
May 15th, 2005, 08:51 AM
hi aurora ice are you new?

black and white 2 looks good and so does haunting ground and destroy all humans.... :D

i hope that unreal championship 2 comes out for pc!!

aurora_ice
May 15th, 2005, 02:14 PM
yeah, i'm rather new around here. i've posted some art so check it out! ;)

i bet destroy all humans is a fun one! it's not often you find a game that you can be all evil and stuff! :D

milamber_reborn
May 15th, 2005, 09:16 PM
More inportantly is Molyneax finishing "The Movies". Now, that game is gonna be cool.

Shehzad
May 16th, 2005, 01:53 AM
I played Falble on my friend's XBox and was unimpressed: it doesn't stand in comparison to most PC RPGs. Entirely too much button-mashing and a somewhat flimsy campaign (even compared to, say, NWN's rather average OC). I'll probably pass on it and stick with my PC-RPGs.

JamesL
May 16th, 2005, 04:24 AM
I played Falble on my friend's XBox and was unimpressed: it doesn't stand in comparison to most PC RPGs. Entirely too much button-mashing and a somewhat flimsy campaign (even compared to, say, NWN's rather average OC). I'll probably pass on it and stick with my PC-RPGs.

I agree that compared to many pc rpgs it seemed shallow but the whole point of Fable was to make an rpg that someone with no prior rpg 'experience' could pick up and get into. While the game failed at other things, it certainly achieved this target.

intensityxx
February 3rd, 2006, 05:42 PM
::bump::

I'm playing Fable The Lost Chapters and am having a great time with it. Also, the guys in the game store were all very enthusiastic as well. Is anyone else here playing it?