View Full Version : Work in progress..

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

venkman
November 1st, 2001, 04:34 AM
Hello, new to the site.
I am currently writing my first novel, it was going to be a script but that was too fiddly. Now it has grown into something much more tangible. In fact it is taking over, when i'm not writing it i am thinking about it. I have even had dreams that suggest plot developments.AAAAGGGGHHHHHH!

It ia a Horror novel with some intrigue and criminal investigation thrown in for good measure.
Set in the present day in a(so far) nameless city. Six young people meet one night in a club, they become good friends. But they begin to suspect that someone had a hand in their meeting at the club.
This is further complicated when they get a visit from a stranger who warns them that they are all in danger.
The story evolves to reveal that a Doctor has been using humans as guinea pigs for a new vaccine. This vaccine has an extra ingredient that, in time takes effect on the subject.
When the friends learn they may, as babies, have been subjects themselves they decide to try and find the truth.
The story then involves a shady corporation that is using corruption, murder and the vaccine to get control of the city. Any opposers are visited by a very nasty character who is not exactly human.
The police become involved after several strange deaths that implicate the corporation.
as new characters appear, some to help the friends , others to try and kill them the story takes several dark twists towards a scary and probably violent climax.

When i have some more of the first draft done i'll put it on this site.

Let me know what you think of the basic plot, and ignore how rushed this message is.
Cheers.

Rob..

KATS
November 1st, 2001, 08:37 AM
Well, since no one else has responded yet, I guess Iíll start it off.

Sounds like an interesting idea. My preference, however, is fantasy. Iím not very familiar with Horror writing, though, I presume that it will be similar to fantasy.

The sad fact is that great ideas are a dime a dozen. The way you tell the story will make all the difference.

If you want to submit your first draft, feel free, though you should be prepared for some honest and sincere feedback. I would recommend revising the story at least once before submitting it.

In the meantime, if you have any questions or are having difficulty with a certain aspect of writing, please ask.