View Full Version : New to writing

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Caliban
November 11th, 2001, 04:14 AM
Hi there.
I am a new member to the forum. I have always been an avid reader of a variety of genre, but fantasy has always been my favorite.

I have really found all of the topics and advice on this forum very helpful and interesting. I have just submitted my first piece, "All for the Family" to the fantasy, short story section. If anyone out there would have time to read it and offer comments and criticism, I would really appreciate it. Thanks a lot.

Caliban
November 11th, 2001, 04:31 AM
Just to let you know, it hasn't been posted yet. Is there usually a delay? Do all submissions have to be a a particular level, before they are admitted?
Thanks.

nicba
November 11th, 2001, 06:18 AM
Yes, there's usually a delay. About a week or two, I think. But it might take longer 'cause the site just went through a re-design of the layout and a pile of stuff may have accumulated.

Well, that's all I know. A moderator might come along any moment and elaborate on this. Just let us know when the story is online.

Caliban
November 11th, 2001, 09:51 AM
Thanks a lot.
I'll keep checking.

Erebus
November 11th, 2001, 03:38 PM
Hi Caliban,

Apologies for the delay with your submission, but as others have already mentioned, our administrator has been busy with a major upgrade of the entire site, and as a consequence, there's been some delays with new submissions. Fear not, it will show up soon! http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif

Welcome to our Forum, btw!

[This message has been edited by erebus (edited November 11, 2001).]