PDA

View Full Version : The Simoqin Prophecies

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

FicusFan
June 3rd, 2005, 08:15 PM
I just thought I would pop in and let you know that I got your book. The neat thing is that at my local Borders they already had it on the shelf. I did have to order it at my local Barnes & Noble. It looks interesting. Not sure when I will get to reading it, but I wanted to let you know it is now on sale in stores in the US. Congrats. :)

armouress
June 6th, 2005, 08:38 AM
samit,
i've read and re-read your book half a dozen times so far. it's pretty evident, but i'll say it anyway- i love it!!

can't wait for the sequel to come out. i'm hoping you continue to give steel-bunz lots to do- but how are you planning to maintain the silver dagger's mystique, now that the cat's out of the bag as far as his identity is concerned??

manticore
June 23rd, 2005, 12:09 AM
armouress, thanks so much, and ficusfan, hope you like it.
Steel-Bunz and the Dagger dont do very much in the second book, as a lot of new and powerful characters enter - but they both play important cameos at very crucial points in the plot. I finished the sequel last December, it comes out this December in India. Swedish and German translations are also on their way.
Im somewhat confused about the book appearing in US bookshops - is it available as a Penguin India book? I dont have a US publisher.

FicusFan
June 23rd, 2005, 08:48 PM
Yes it is a Penguin India book. They put a sticker over the Indian price. Every so often the US companies decide to import/offer foreign books here. I think it may have to do with it being already in English, and part of such a big company like Penguin.

We also have some books from Canada and the UK that are not published here but you can get them on the shelves or through the US amazon. Gollancz has some that they sell here directly. Then there is a distribution company in Vermont called Trafalgar Square that imports UK books for sale here. They put stickers on the back of the books with their name on them and the US price. They mostly do the small paperbacks and they charge only a couple bucks more. I have had problems sometimes getting a book from the UK because Trafalgar Square has an exclusive and Gardners can't sell it to my US shop when they place the order.

tsk1979
June 24th, 2005, 05:11 AM
I finished the sequel last December, it comes out this December in India. Swedish and German translations are also on their way.
Im somewhat confused about the book appearing in US bookshops - is it available as a Penguin India book? I dont have a US publisher.
Great, been waiting for this one! Is your publisher still Penguin? I have a copy of your book, but just for kicks looked in book shops in Noida and Vasant Vihar. Couldn't find it! I wonder why so less street presence! In bangalore it was available everywhere. Anyways i hope penguin has a way of ordering online for the same.

kanjisheik
January 24th, 2006, 06:05 AM
hi there samit, i've read your first two books... they are AWESOME!!!!

but i have some doubts....

1] whats the funda about the group of men called abhishek??? i dint understand it...

2] who is houstarr?? is there really a character like that??? why is he considered the world's worst lover???

waiting for your replies... and hope the third part comes out asap!!!

adios!!!

Muaddib
April 29th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Liked Manticore's Secret Samit. Im very impressed with the originality of Gameworld.Too many Tolkien copies today.

arodace
November 26th, 2006, 08:00 AM
I've read both of your first two books countless of times and I just can't get sick of it. I just have one concern with the Manticore's Secret. I just think you stretched it a bit too much. Was that for a specific reason.

Loving your work