View Full Version : Favorite series...other than Final Fantasy

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Cwass
June 6th, 2005, 01:26 AM
Final Fantasy is probably the best game series made, at least in my opinion, so to even think of using it for this list would just be a waste of a thread. i was wonding what your favorite series of games is/was, whatever genre of game, and why.

mine is the Breath of Fire series, 2 on SNES, 2 on Playstation, and 1 on PS2, however, BoFV on PS2 (Dragon Quarter) was nothing like the other ones. i did not like the last one of the series, but the rest were fantastic. they each got more devloped story wise as the next game came out, and my favorite type of game is the RPG,

JamesL
June 6th, 2005, 08:58 AM
I love the Elder Scrolls series (Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind and the upcoming Oblivion). The Baldur's Gate games (including the Icewind Dale games) was also great. Plus the Ultima series, even though I only played Ultima VIII: Pagan. :D

Monty Mike
June 6th, 2005, 10:04 AM
I'd say the Diablo series on the PC and Baldur's Gate were among the best of their kind ;)

Cwass
June 6th, 2005, 10:13 AM
i loved the Ultima Series, i played them all up until after the first online one, when Ultima went online, it ruined the game i think. PKs took over the entire game, and you could not progress no matter what. Ultima IX: Ascension was the best in my opinion, though i could notplkay through it all becuase computers were not fast enough then, and now that they are, i cannot find the game.

Becks
June 6th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Id say Unreal tournament,PC, and Timesplitters,PS2 and XBox. Tekken wasnt bad, PS2...and dont forget Quake, PC..... :D :D
I dont actually like FF I prefer shoot-'em-up games.

Murrin
June 6th, 2005, 01:30 PM
I'm fond of the Jak series of action/platformers on the PS2 myself.
Can't say about Elder Scrolls as a series, since I've only played one of them (Morrowind) - but that one was pretty good.
Hmm. Can't really think of many 'series' I've played, actually.

kater
June 6th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Sonic, Road Rash, the EA strike series (Desert, Jungle and Urban), MGS, Tekken (less so now) Knockout Kings.Fight Night, AOE, Delta Force - does CS count? :D I'm sure there are more but those off the top of my head.

Miriamele
June 6th, 2005, 05:07 PM
I haven't played lots of games but the Breath of Fire series I thought was really fun. They're so cute, and the fishing game was addictive.

hell1991
June 12th, 2005, 03:51 AM
i like breath of fire
final fantasy rocks!!
and i also like morrowind (except i tend 2 steal things and kill off the whole map...)

Becks
June 12th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Sonic was ok, Serious Sam 1/2 ee 1/2, Dark Chronicle (Dark cloud), Sims.