View Full Version : need sf/f book recommendations

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

wynterfel
June 7th, 2005, 12:42 PM
hello all!

Kewl! I haven't posted in this forum in ages, but I'm happy that my username and password still works! Hooray for SFFworld!

Neways, before I get sidetracked, can you guys please help me with building a new sf/f library? I hit the bookstores recently and I didn't recognize most of the authors in the sf/f section.
I used to be a die hard sf/f fan, but then I went to college, started working, and forgot all about reading for pleasure :( Thankfully, this year I'm kicking back and reviving old habits.

My fave authors were and still are I suppose: Stephen Donaldson, T. Goodkind, J.V. Jones, C.J. Cherryh, Roger Zelazny, Tad Williams, C.S. Friedman.

I did do some surfing for new titles from my fave authors. I was so ecstatic to learn that Donaldson decided to revive the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant!!! I'm sure my ole buddy Dennis, [a.k.a. Cadfael] who used to post at this forum too, would be as overjoyed over the news as I am. Goodkind has also released "Chainfire" Book 9 in the SoT series. I'm really looking forward to reading those two books and other books you guys would recommend ^ ^

Thanks in advance!

Monty Mike
June 7th, 2005, 01:33 PM
You may have already found this thread, but here's the link anyway:

http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8580

filled with recommendations.