PDA

View Full Version : Need help remembering a book title

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Bobosmite
June 22nd, 2005, 02:22 PM
I read a book many years ago, but the only thing I can remember is one small detail. They identified either criminals or missing people by the celebrity they looked like. Doctors/scientists discovered there was something about celebrities and brain chemestry and the police used it as a method for recognizing people...kind of like America's Most Wanted.

This CNN article http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/science/06/22/celebs.on.the.brain.ap/index.html triggered the memory and I wanted to read the book again.

If anyone knows the title, please let me know. I seem to have a feeling it was Philip Dick, Neil Stevenson, William Gibson...somewhere along that line or sci-fi.

Great Zamfir
June 24th, 2005, 08:33 AM
That's certainly Gibson. I think it was Virtual Light, with the main character looking like Tommy Lee Jones, and a trailerpark cult of people who believed god was in television, so they watched several reruns of 70's TV at the same time 24/7.

Bobosmite
June 24th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Fantastic! Stuff like that drives me crazy and I usually end up sifting through stacks of books, late into the night. Thanks.