PDA

View Full Version : House of M (NO SPOILERS...yet)

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Wulfa_Jones
June 25th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Anyone else really disapointed so far with the House of M crossover?

I've just got the feeling I've seen it all before in various "What if's" and other alternative time lines. Shame they didn't save the basic plot for the Powers series and use that instead...

Also random statement about X-Men 461... how lame was it? I wasted 2.50 and 7 minutes of my life (no I'm not a really fast reader, but the first few pages where so damn bad I skip read the rest of the comic...). I wish they'd sack Claremont, it was like a bad episode of the 90's cartoon.

Solaar
July 26th, 2005, 10:44 AM
I've only just got into comics again and have picked up Incredible Hulk - House of M. I didn't know much about this new 'thang' but it all seems a little lame.

The two Hulk comics - so far - aren't too bad, but I refuse to buy anymore X-Men comics. I got hundreds of them but I've missed out on the serie(s) in the last 6 years so I don't wanna waste my time (and money) trying to cover whats gone on.

All in all, this House of M looks like a baaaaaaaad idea...

Solaar
disillusioned

kater
February 23rd, 2006, 06:52 AM
I got the main House of M tpb and really I enjoyed it. I'll happily admit to being DC through and through but House of M really caught me, is it worth me getting the various character House of M tpb's? I've ordered House of M - Wolverine but now I'm tempted to go further, any thoughts?

Fuxxy Elf
February 23rd, 2006, 08:37 AM
Sorry to say I thought the Wolverine one was a bit of a waste of time, nothing to do with the main plot it just seemed a bit of filler material because every X comic had to be involved. The Spider Man one was very good I felt and the Uncanny X men one written by Chris Claremont. If the outcome interests you then wait for the Decimation tie ins that should get tpb's soon enough, particularly X Factor which deals with a specific part of the fallout and the Quicksilver series which is brilliant.

kater
February 23rd, 2006, 10:48 AM
Thanks Fuxxy, pity about the Wolverine tpb. Have you seen the other House of M Trades like Hulk, Black Panther etc? Are the Decimation tie-ins dealing with what happens directly after the main House of M storyline or after the individual stories? Thanks again for the help :)

Fuxxy Elf
February 24th, 2006, 10:13 AM
I haven't picked up any other none x titles that tied in with HoM, Hulk etc so couldn't say sorry. Not a lot of money so stick strictly to X men with marvel unless something stands out to me, and after reading HoM the Spiderman storyline did appeal to me.

The Decimation titles are ongoing at the moment mostly coming up to the final issues of the series' so the tpb's won't be far behind. You have read HoM so you know the ending so I won't mention it here but here's a basic overview with no spoilers.

There was a Decimation one shot The Day After that just did an overview of the aftermath.
The two main titles, Uncanny and X Men focused on the mansion and the effects of HoM
Claremont began a new Excalibur series that ties in slightly
X Factor deals with the fallout in the Mutant Town in New York and has the cast from the highly popular run of the mid nineties by Peter David, ie Multiple Man etc
Those are ongoing series though so tie in Decimation loosely but have their ongoing stories too.
There have been some short series though that are direct tie ins, Son of M is about Quiksilver after HoM and is spectacular, Generation M looks at a selection of famous characters who have been serverely affected. The 198 deals with happenings at the mansion but not focussing on the main teams. And X men Deadly Genesis is just mind blowing, does tie in with Decimation but is going to "change the lives of the X men forever!!!"

I realise after typing that, there is a lot there. I would recommend the Decimation one shot, Son of M, X Factor and Deadly Genesis. And of course Uncanny and X men just cos I read them anyway be it big storyline or not.

All the other HoM volumes run concurrently with the HoM story itself, and they don't have to be read to understand the main story and the outcome, they simply look at other heroes living through the same universe. All Decimation titles begin the day after those fateful words, hence the name of the one shot.

Keyoke
February 24th, 2006, 05:22 PM
I wasnt to thrilled with the House of M. Tired of all these 'alternate' timeline stories that marvel likes to pump out.

Only positive thing that came out of the House of M, is X-Factor. THe first 3 issues are out, and they are great!

Keyoke

kater
February 24th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Awesome Fuxxy man, that's real helped my decisions :D Thank you so much. I think I'm going to get House of M: Spiderman and Son of M, plus The Day After and Deadly Genesis.

Wulfa_Jones
February 25th, 2006, 10:52 AM
I have the first issue of House of M but then stopped buying comics (various reasons, money and time being the main ones). However, after coming back to comics at the start of the year (and spending a lot on back issues) I got really interested in the events of House of M because of the events in the Decimation and so I picked up the tdb a couple of weeks ago. I also picked it up because of the events of House of M are part of the lead up to Marvel: Civil War.

Don't think I'll bother to much with the other House of M tpbs.

Deadly Genesis is a great series, I love the idea behind the plot and can't wait to find out what happens. I know that the next big story arc in Uncanny X-Men is going to be a carry off from Deadly Genesis and the recent incident with the Gray family.

While I'm not a massive fan of this recent work... Chris Claremont is leaving Uncanny X-Men at the end of the current story line. He is moving on two other projects, one is taking over duties on Exiles and the other in a mini-series called Genext (http://www.newsarama.com/marvelnew/Genext/claremont.htm). From what I can tell it's an alt world story, but the idea is that it real time ages todays X-Men.