PDA

View Full Version : Need readers badly!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Chris G.
June 26th, 2005, 05:38 PM
With the exception of the final chapters of book 3, my "Earth STONE" Trilogy is complete sans final proofread/rewrite. I very much need readers who will commit to possibly reading all three books and giving me constructive feedback.
The titles are as follows...
1. Earth Stone
2. Realm World
3. Natural Selection

Brief syopsis...Earth Stone
Fleeing an ever expanding race of Humans, the peoples of Faerie left Earth behind for an alternate place of their own creation. Things were quiet for a while, about 10,000 years or so, however now their perfect world is in jeopardy in a way that only a human can fix. Henry James just wants to finish college and hear the girl he dreams about say she loves him, but he's about to discover that fantasy is very real and the books he's read got it all wrong.

Brief synopsis...Realm World
Ten years have passed since Henry saved the Realm and while many things have changed, there remain many questions. For one, why DID Elves and Dwarves make Mankind to begin with? Plus many more that desperately need answers, fast, because an ancient enemy has returned and they're pissed off!
Henry put to rest his angst over his discoveries in the Realm and the loss of his faith by writing a book and he has many of the same questions the Races of Faerie do thyat also need answers or he can't write a sequal. However, the governmentt only wants one answer from him, why does the new planet that now shares Earth's orbit on the Sun's opposite side bear such a striking resemblence to the world decribed in his book? And by the way, is that a statue of you in that CITY?

Brief Synopsis....Natural Selection
The enemy is savage, cruel and bent on finishing what they started on Earth before Mankind was even a thought. For a people without even a history of war, the Elves and Dwarves have their hands full. After all, what is a weapon?
While Henry finnaly arrives courtesy of NASA all set to guide a team of Astronauts to survey this new world and introduce its people, his main priority is to see about what he might do to prevent future missions. In between that and trying to stay alive in a world overrun by the enemy, he'll also have to figure out why he seems to be becoming a God, but most importantly, how to be one.

Rocket Sheep
June 26th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Interesting ideas. I like the combination of sub-genres.

Have you thought of joining a spec-fic online critique group and possibly getting more readers that way, and being able to pay them back by helping out with their work?

Obviously you've invested a lot of time into these works so you want a lot of feedback of the highly constructive mutually beneficial kind.

Chris G.
June 27th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Have you thought of joining a spec-fic online critique group and possibly getting more readers that way, and being able to pay them back by helping out with their work?

Obviously you've invested a lot of time into these works so you want a lot of feedback of the highly constructive mutually beneficial kind.[/QUOTE]

It woould help me greatly if folks could post links to such sites. I seem to be having the devil of a time finding any. :rolleyes:

Rocket Sheep
June 27th, 2005, 08:30 AM
http://otherworlds.net
http://sff.onlinewritingworkshop.com/
And there are others... Critters? Zoetrope?

Chris G.
June 27th, 2005, 09:14 AM
That helps immeasurably, I can't tell you! :)