PDA

View Full Version : Work in Progess

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

TheEarCollector
June 27th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Any of you with some of the longer works in progress ever feel like setting up a website for yourself, just something with the background information on your story, possibly updating on the progress of your story, and including other information...
I guess it would be used as a sort of reference to everyone who ever asks "What is your story about?" but also just where people could go to find out about your story (which wouldn't be many at all unless you were already published and popular).
What do you think of ideas like this, does it sound like an interesting way to get to know more about someone's writing before it comes out or is it more along the lines of a waste of time?

Expendable
June 27th, 2005, 03:00 PM
A web site does sound good for that. May have to try it some day.

--Ex.

queenmegumi
June 27th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Actually I keep meaning to do that for my story, but I never get around to it. I used to be able to do html but I've forgotten almost all of what I learned (although most domains can now walk you through it). I think for a really long, involved story or series it's a good idea. What story were you thinking of making a website for?

TheEarCollector
June 27th, 2005, 03:08 PM
I am trying to make a really long, involved story... I will link you to the website for more info once I get it up ;)

I started thinking about this idea more and it seemed helpful in keeping myself on track. It gives me something to look at and say, "This is where I have to go now."
Sometimes you need to look back so you don't lose focus.