PDA

View Full Version : Movie name?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Glass
June 29th, 2005, 11:57 AM
A movie came out recently, and I really want to watch it.... but I can't remember the darn name.

Its about a group of people who go back in time, and one of them kills a butterfly or something, and changes the entire future. I believe it came out around the same time as The Butterfly Effect, so its still a fairly new movie. It's based on a novel, but I can't remember which one... bad memory here. :)

I remember when the movie hit the big screen, it got some pretty bad reviews, but I would still like to see it. Anyway... thanks in advance for all you help!

Evil Agent
June 29th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Um... and it's not The Butterfly Effect?

Glass
June 29th, 2005, 04:44 PM
No, the Butterfly Effect is the movie with Ashton Kutcher, based on the novel Replay.... he does go back in time and changes the future, several times in fact, but its not the same movie at all. In the Butterfly Effect, Kutcher plays a young man trying to save a girl that he loves.

The movie I am looking for is quite a bit different...some kind of research team travels back to the time of the dinosaurs, and during one of their trips back, one of the men kills a butterfly, or a bug, or some such thing. When they travel back to the future, everything has changed dramatically, and not for the better. The movie is about how they have to return the future to its proper course.

Bitter Buffalo
June 29th, 2005, 05:25 PM
"A Sound of Thunder"

It was a Ray Bradbury short story before the movie. Are you sure it was already released, to my knowledge it hasn't been released yet.

EDIT: The trailer can be viewed at Apple Movie Trailers (http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/asoundofthunder/).
It only says "Coming Soon" so that leads me to beleive it hasn't been released yet.

Glass
June 30th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Yep, thats the movie.

Very odd... I saw previews of this a couple of years ago at the theatre, and would have sworn it was out. I even remember hearing reviews about how bad the movies is.

Very strange.

But anyway... thanks for telling me the name, it was driving me nuts.

The release date is September 2, 2005

ndhaon91
June 30th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Yep, thats the movie.

Very odd... I saw previews of this a couple of years ago at the theatre, and would have sworn it was out. I even remember hearing reviews about how bad the movies is.

Very strange.

hmmm... perhaps you yourself are a character in this story.... *cue creepy music*

Wulfa_Jones
July 1st, 2005, 09:30 AM
Yeah I think it has been floating around waiting for release a while now. I hear it's not very good and they didn't know what to do with it.

alienorg
March 16th, 2006, 11:10 PM
Glass the butterfly effect isn't based on the Book REPLAY by Ken Grimwood
is you have ever read the book you would know it is nothing like that movie , both the movie and the book are good the book is an excelent time travel/alternate reality bk that i'd recommend to anyone and the movie is just ok.
sorry for the rant but i had to correct you for web serches are picking but butterfly effect movie and replay book having some conection