View Full Version : How cool is the new KING KONG trailer....very

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bitter Buffalo
June 29th, 2005, 05:44 PM
New KONG trailer (http://www.kingkongmovie.com/ef239524432ba87f1ca8f70eed4b1fa7/en_large.html)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

BlackCauldron
July 1st, 2005, 03:00 PM
Not bad. I think they emphasized the dinosaur component a little too much. I think King Kong looks really good, but I am NOT optimisitic about Jack Black...but we'll see I guess.

Evil Agent
July 2nd, 2005, 02:49 AM
I actually think Jack Black is great in almost everything, and the trailer was proof of that for me. He was still somehow his funny self, but without overacting at all. He was still playing his character seriously, but he seemed to bring a certain authentic ... sleaziness or something to the role.

The only thing I am a bit worried about is the overuse of CG. I enjoy computer graphics, but sometimes they still don't look real enough for what the director's are trying to achieve. Kong didn't 'blow me away', nor did the T-Rex.... but I'll wait and see. The LOTR trilogy are my favorite movies of all time, and I've enjoyed almost every other Peter Jackson film as well.

NoneShallPass
July 3rd, 2005, 05:48 PM
to be honest when I first heard that there was a remake of King Kong in the works, I was taken aback. I for one am tired of remakes, or film adaptations of books. but what can I do? Anyway, I saw the trailer attached to the begining of War of the Worlds (yuck), and I was blown away. Admitedly, I have not seen all of the original King Kong, but I dont remember anything about zombies or dinosaurs. so it seems like a conglamoration of King Kong, The Lost World (which was pretty awesome) and several zombie flicks. But I am hopeful. I think it definetly has potential to be awesome.
And as for Jack Black. I was shocked that he was going to be in it. It seems that he is following several other funny-men in the persuit to be taken seriously as an actor. And I think he can pull it off. The quirkyness of his personality does sort of lend a more realistic quality to the character in King Kong I think.
I am excited for it. and Peter Jackson is pretty awesome. as a side note, I am glad they didnt try to make it modern day. I am so glad it is still in the era of the original film.

Priestvyrce
July 3rd, 2005, 06:03 PM
I saw this trailer before the War of the Worlds feature and was totally blown away by it. I'm glad that it looks like they didn't try to modernize it( set in our time) and I think that people will be pleasantly surprised by Jack Black. I am psyched about seeing this movie!

Bitter Buffalo
July 3rd, 2005, 07:54 PM
Admitedly, I have not seen all of the original King Kong, but I dont remember anything about zombies or dinosaurs. so it seems like a conglamoration of King Kong, The Lost World (which was pretty awesome) and several zombie flicks. But I am hopeful. I think it definetly has potential to be awesome.

Yep Dinosaurs were a big part of the orignal, but no zombies, those were just the natives of the island who kipnap Ann and give her to Kong. Peter Jackson is reportedly a BIG King Kong fanboy and you can rest assured that he'll make a faithful adaptation just like LOTR.

juzzza
July 4th, 2005, 10:10 AM
When it was first reported that Jackson was going to make Kong, it was a bit of a let down for me after the amazing LOTR.

But that trailer looks pretty good, hell, even my GF said it looked good!

JamesL
July 4th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Man, this looks sweet alright. I love adventure films and this looks like being one heck of an adventure. :)

Ouroboros
July 4th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Yeah, I think its a great looking trailer ...

One or two scenes really evoke the era of black and white creature-features that spawned movies like the original. In particular, the bit with the ship almost running aground. A perfectly ghostly sea....

On the downside, I share the skepticism about Jack Black. He's a funny guy, but is he ready to carry such a big role in this movie? Remains to be seen.

The other risk is that it becomes Jurassic Park (with a big monkey).

But I also trust Peter Jackson implicitly....

Evil Agent
July 5th, 2005, 02:52 AM
Really? I'm just not worried about Jack Black. I think he'll pretty much be as he is in the trailer, which was fine to me. I don't think there's too much mystery....

My main worry is overuse of CGI, and Kong not looking real enough. My friend is convinced that Kong isn't big enough.