View Full Version : Narnia One Sheet

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

BlackCauldron
July 1st, 2005, 01:56 PM
I'm incredibly excited for this movie to come out (having read all the books about 8 times each) for me, it was great to get a look at the One Sheet and some of the characters we're going to get to see on the screen. What do people think o f it?

http://ia108625.us.archive.org/2/items/Chronicles_of_Narnia_OneSheet/Narnia_OneSheetsm.jpg

Bitter Buffalo
July 2nd, 2005, 01:46 AM
I think it looks a lot like the LOTR posters. The polar bears pulling the white witch are wicked awesome. Yes that right, I said "wicked awesome". :p

Evil Agent
July 2nd, 2005, 01:52 AM
I think it looks pretty awesome, as was the trailer I saw recently, before Star Wars. I'd seen teasers, but this one showed a lot more, and I was impressed.

This was my favorite all time book as a kid, until I finally read LOTR. I'm trying not to think about this one too much, because I don't want to get my hopes too high and be disappointed. The Disney factor is slightly worrisome, but the Weta factor is reassuring.

Quagmire
July 4th, 2005, 11:14 AM
I just read the book in a couple of hours. Plot is pretty simple so I have my doubts I'll enjoy this movie. Unless they change the dialogue.

Leiali
July 5th, 2005, 10:32 AM
I just read the book in a couple of hours. Plot is pretty simple so I have my doubts I'll enjoy this movie. Unless they change the dialogue.

It being a children's book that's hardly fair! I think it looks great from the poster but I haven't seen any trailers yet :( I think it will be a good christmas outing.

Evil Agent
July 6th, 2005, 05:00 PM
How about the new TRAILER? :D

Ok, part of me wishes I could avoid trailers, because I honestly feel they spoil a lot of the movie.

But the other part of me can't resist trailers! I just re-watched the new Narnia trailer, on the appletrailers website. I have to say, this trailer got me a lot more excited for the movie. It looks pretty cool. I'm still expecting it to be a little bit kid-oriented (due to the books, and the disney factor) but I think it will be great.

I'm very excited about WETA's involvement. The effects look pretty awesome, as do all the creatures. The white witch looks good, the kids look pretty good, Aslan looks a tad CG but hopefully it will be good on screen. The music in the trailer is pretty nice too.

Of the remaining releases for 2005, this is definitely the movie I'm most looking forward to.

PS There's some pretty exciting potential for sequels there, most of the books would make great movies.

Shehzad
July 7th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Of the remaining releases for 2005, this is definitely the movie I'm most looking forward to.

PS There's some pretty exciting potential for sequels there, most of the books would make great movies.

More than Serenity and The Brothers Grimm?

Leiali
July 7th, 2005, 10:31 AM
The Brothers Grimm? What's that about? I am looking forward to the Lion the witch and the wardrobe - but not anywhere near as much as Serenity!

BlackCauldron
July 8th, 2005, 09:30 AM
Narnia is definitely the movie I'm most looking forward to the rest of this year. I agree that the trailer was spectacular, and I just love this Narnia poster, I put it as my desktop background last week. The polar beers on the White Witch's sled is definitely a good addition.

Shehzad
July 8th, 2005, 02:32 PM
The Brothers Grimm? What's that about? I am looking forward to the Lion the witch and the wardrobe - but not anywhere near as much as Serenity!

The Brothers Grimm is the new Terry Gilliam movie, due to open in August, which casts the Grimm Brothers (authors of the fairy tales) as monster-chasing heroes.