View Full Version : StarGate: SG1 and Atlantis *Spoilers*

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Wulfa_Jones
July 13th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Anyone any idea when these two shows are coming back on air? I hear it is soon just wonderings dates (for US - I'll just download them until Sky 1 catches up).

Anyone looking forward to the series without R D Anderson beinging a major cast member and two Farscape actors taking major roles?

As for Atlantis - I think this will be an important season for it, the last one was okay for an introduction but it needs to be stronger to last.

milamber_reborn
July 13th, 2005, 08:12 PM
As much as I love Stargate, I enjoy watching Atlantis more. Of course, that may change with Ben Browder joining SG1.

Janos
July 14th, 2005, 08:41 AM
In the US, Stargate SG-1 Season 9, and Stargate Atlantis Season 2 premier tomorrow (July 15th)

They usually don't start until Fall in the UK.

Dominus
July 17th, 2005, 03:07 AM
Yep, the new SG-1 was interesting but was a two-parter so the end was maddening, just left you hanging. The premiere of Atlantis was pretty good as well picking up from the last episode with some pretty spectacular space battles.

Janos
July 17th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Yeah, I have high hopes for this new Season. They hired some really good actors to play the parts and I'm hoping that we're actually going to see some Stargate travel - unlike last season where almost every episode took place on Earth.

Wulfa_Jones
July 17th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Waiting for my downloads to be complete.... Ever since the Governments and industry started clamping down on downloading it's really hard to find decent downloads.

I mean I'd be willing to pay to download it rather have to wait another few months for it to appear over here.

Janos
July 17th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Waiting for my downloads to be complete.... Ever since the Governments and industry started clamping down on downloading it's really hard to find decent downloads.

I mean I'd be willing to pay to download it rather have to wait another few months for it to appear over here.
Well, on the bright side, you don't have a 3 month hiatus in the middle of the season like we do in America. They don't show it at all in the winter. So, it ends up that you actually finish the show a month or two before we do over here. :)

Wulfa_Jones
July 18th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Yeah I remember that from last season, we do catch up after a while.

Well I finally watched the two season openers.

MINOR SPOILERS:

SG1: I liked the way we where introduced to all the changes via the eyes of the new character. I still see Ben Browder was Jon Criton (spelling?) from Farscape, but minus the mental thing. He is a little like a younger version of Jack. Interesting plot idea - the Arthur/Merlin legends. Damn hanging ending!

Atlantis: Still not overly sure on this... will be interesting to see how they pan out the new ideas - Ford, the new ship, Skinner. I know there is also a new lead character coming in as well.

Janos
July 18th, 2005, 04:16 PM
Yeah, I have real high hopes for this new cast. I was quite unimpressed by many of the episodes last season, with O'Neill becoming a general, a lot of the really good team dynamics disappeared. I think this new blood could really bring the spark back to the show.

Wulfa_Jones
July 31st, 2005, 03:17 PM
So we've been introduced into the new bad guys in SG1. Quite interesting, I want to see how the rest of the season pans out.