PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for the family of James Doohan

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

malibu
July 21st, 2005, 05:10 PM
I dunno, I guess I feel insignificant in the grand scheme of condolences for James Doohan. I just wanted to state somewhere publicly, to people that might care, that my prayers are with his family and he will be greatly missed.

Images of some tributes:

StarTrek.com Notice (http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/article/12920.html)

~Dan

Evil Agent
July 22nd, 2005, 12:05 AM
I'll second that. James Doohan was great! I'll miss him.

In fact, I had the pleasure of meeting him, 13 years ago when I was a pre-pubescent Trekker, and he was really nice in person.

And, he was born here in Vancouver, BC, and he was on the beaches of Normandy during D-Day in World War II, and got his middle finger shot off!

saintjon
July 22nd, 2005, 09:17 AM
I read in the paper he used to be in a theater company with some other awesome people including Jackie Gleeson! Jackie Gleeson!!!!

Is it always like this, with cool people dying all the time? It seems like the last 10 years there's just been non-stop unfortunate deaths, but maybe that's just because I didn't notice before then.

Solaar
August 5th, 2005, 01:32 PM
VERY upset to hear about this because he was my all-time favourite character.

Unfortunately, because of the original casts' age... this probably will be followed by another glorious cast member...

Solaar
the sad