PDA

View Full Version : Another 'forgotten title of book'

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

footprints
July 31st, 2005, 11:25 AM
I read this book a few years ago and it's been driving me crazy trying to remember the title or author. However, I can remeber the plot in quite good detail so if anybody can help - even if it's only an inkling I'd be very grateful.

Novel starts desciribing the perfect life of a young family in a small town in America. Husband is attractive, attentive and admired in the community (I believe he was a firefighter and handyman in the town). I think they have a young son - maybe about 10 years old.

However, it is later revealed that the husband is a fugitive. Years ago he has raped (and possibly murdered?) a young girl in another small town. She was the shop assistant in a general store I think and he started 'dating her', he later found out that she was 15/16, when he found her diary, which he took with him to conceal the crime.

He left that town, changed his identity and fell in love, got married and formed the perfect life that was first introduced. However, once found he is put in prison/put on trial.

I think there was a chapter/part of the book where the wife finds the girl's diary in their attic/garage and reads it.

I hope that's enough for somebody to recognise the book, thank-you xx

TarotGaladriel
July 31st, 2005, 11:38 AM
Yep, I know that one

It is by Alice Hoffman and is called Blue Diary

Hope that helps :o)

footprints
August 1st, 2005, 03:25 PM
Yep that's it, thank-you so much!

TarotGaladriel
August 1st, 2005, 03:38 PM
LOL, Glad I could help :D