View Full Version : Doom Movie

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

SubZero61992
August 1st, 2005, 07:04 PM
A movie based off of the Doom games is being made, The Rock will play Sarge, the leader of a tactical team sent into a research facility to investigate an SOS call but inside they find literal hell.
The Rock says surprisingly Sarge is not the main character, and he gives many twist in the movie including discovery of he is a bad guy.

Shehzad
August 1st, 2005, 07:43 PM
OK-- that's scraping the bottom of the barrel. What next, a Street Fighter movie.

No wait, that's already been done...

SubZero61992
August 1st, 2005, 07:45 PM
Here is three pictures.
http://moviespoilers.net/doom2.jpg
http://moviespoilers.net/doom10.jpg
http://moviespoilers.net/doom3.jpg

Monty Mike
August 1st, 2005, 07:47 PM
yeah, I heard about this movie a while ago, no idea what it's gonna turn out like... :confused:

Probably very good or very bad, depending on how they do it :o

Kanin
August 1st, 2005, 08:04 PM
The story follows eight marines, teleported into a command centre of a secret base on a remote planet. There, they learn that something strange is happening and soon monsters start to appear. The monsters aren't from hell, but rather people mutated by some nasty super-virus although the monsters look very similar to those in the game.

One character is a technician called "Pinky" who has a cybernetic wheelchair thanks to a bad teleporting accident. Pinky later mutates into something remotely resembling a creature from Doom 3. Producers claim that the film will be more of a horror than an action shooter.

There will be loads of shooting though, especially in the end where a large number of sequences will be shot purely in "first-person" perspective of the leading character (Karl Urban). The chainsaw and Bio Force Gun do appear in the film.

Shehzad
August 1st, 2005, 09:22 PM
Doom was a game built on the "gameplay-first" premise. It had no real story to speak of: the story was only added later once the game was nearing completion. I do not have high hopes for this movie: think "Alone in the Dark."

Wulfa_Jones
August 2nd, 2005, 02:46 PM
What's been getting me about people slagging off this film is... what did they expect? Some games have story lines that could do well on screen (Resident Evil, Alone in the Dark even Half life) and then some games could only be made big brainless actions movies. Doom is one of these games and it will be one of those films.

Hopefully it will be more Aliens and Predator rather than Alien Vs Predator.

SubZero61992
August 2nd, 2005, 05:44 PM
I doubt it will be any overused action film...the news says it is more of a horror film.

Shehzad
August 2nd, 2005, 06:32 PM
What's been getting me about people slagging off this film is... what did they expect?

I expect the money to be spent on something more original.

Evil Agent
August 2nd, 2005, 08:23 PM
Hey, at least you've got Karl Urban (Eomer from LOTR) in the lead. He's good, so who knows.