PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elf Trilogy comics

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

saintjon
August 3rd, 2005, 12:45 PM
It has come to my attention that Devil's Due is doing and adaptation of R.A. Salvatore's Dark elf trilogy. I just floated over to their site and the character designs look pretty well spot-on from what you can see there. From what I've heard they're over-priced for a comic though.

Any thoughts?

Buio Omega
December 8th, 2005, 11:19 AM
I bought book one, and it was a tad pricey, but I needed some visuals (since Salvatore's descriptions are so boring and 2-D).
It was well drawn, but like all comics, elves did not look like elves, (nor drows, drows) and instead were strapping, bulbous, muscleheads. The female drow were tall, lithe, big-busted babes. What can you expect? Realism? I was disappointed from a "realistic" (ha, realistic elves, that is funny) point of view, but whatever, I liked the story.
I'm buying Book two...

snipachic
January 29th, 2006, 09:02 PM
hi guys,
Hey what's the sites address? I wanna go check it out. okey dokey.

Ivyn
February 15th, 2006, 08:41 PM
I bought book one, and it was a tad pricey, but I needed some visuals (since Salvatore's descriptions are so boring and 2-D).
It was well drawn, but like all comics, elves did not look like elves, (nor drows, drows) and instead were strapping, bulbous, muscleheads. The female drow were tall, lithe, big-busted babes. What can you expect? Realism? I was disappointed from a "realistic" (ha, realistic elves, that is funny) point of view, but whatever, I liked the story.
I'm buying Book two...
That's what I find disappointing about most comic adaptations, or even comic books in general. Either they're poorly drawn or lacking individual style.

thefalcon
June 22nd, 2007, 11:40 PM
hm. The first three (Homeland, Exile, Sojourn) were really well drawn and adapted... I didn't mind spending the 15 bucks or so to get them. However, The Crystal Shard wasn't as good, and Streams of Silver isn't looking too promising either...