PDA

View Full Version : Does ANYONE Remember This 1980's Cartoon?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Evil Agent
August 15th, 2005, 11:35 PM
This one has been bugging me for years, and years... There's even a small chance I may have posted this question before...

I distinctly remember a cartoon from the 1980s, one cartoon among the dozens I watched, but I can't recall the title, and I can't seem to find anyone who does remember it. :confused:

This is all I remember:

-I think the main characters were four teenage friends.. 2 girls and 2 guys.

-They somehow travelled to another world, a sort of fantasy world, where they transformed into cat-people. They still looked sort of the same, and walked upright, and spoke like themselves, but they had cat faces and tails, etc. I think they fought villains/monsters, and stuff.

-At the end of every episode, the 4 characters were suddenly real, live-action people (who looked just like their cartoon counterparts), and they were a band, and the episode would end with the 4 live-action friends playing a live song together (they were some kind of rock/pop band).

I know it sounds weird, and somewhat stupid, but it's driving me crazy! ;)

milamber_reborn
August 16th, 2005, 12:40 AM
That does sound vaguely familiar . . .

Evil Agent
August 17th, 2005, 04:27 AM
I know! Familiar, and infuriating! :mad:

No one remembers...? I'm counting on you guys... :p

choppy
August 17th, 2005, 08:38 PM
For some reason a series that (I think?) was called Kid Video comes to mind. I don't remember them all being cat-ish, but that may have been an episode.

In the series I remember there was a little "Tinker Bell" kind of fairy with a headband and leg warmers (so yeah - definately 80's). In the opening sequence the people were always surprised that they had somehow become cartoons. At the end of every episode they played a live-action video that was vaguely related to whatever the rest of the episode was about.

I tried to google it, but had no luck.

Evil Agent
August 18th, 2005, 02:06 AM
YOU'RE AWESOME!

That's it! But it's spelled "Kidd Video", and if you Google that, you'll find it! I didn't expect to actually get an answer to this question, I'm sort of in shock.

Apparently there were some characters called the Copy Cats (cat people I guess) who worked for the bad guy, the Master Blaster. That must have been where I was getting the cats from.

Here's one Kidd Video website (http://www.kvflipside.org/)

And Here's a bunch more info about it (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidd_Video).

Thanks, Choppy!

Monty Mike
August 18th, 2005, 05:23 AM
Seems like you can come to sffworld for anything now :o Not only for book help but also life questions in general. People here seem to know so much! :D Just a brief outline of what you're after and 'BAM!' - within a couple days you have your answer :eek:

Evil Agent
August 19th, 2005, 02:11 AM
That's so true. I mean, this one was bugging me for probably over 10 years!

busybee
October 30th, 2007, 09:23 PM
I do remember. i don't think the became catlike but they turned into cartoon caracters of themselves. I think it was 3 guys and a girl though but that could be wrong. It was called KID VIDEO.

Adrift
October 30th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Wow, I've been trying to remember the name of Kidd Video for years and years and years. I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgot and I'm glad some people actually remembered. I remember catching the cartoon as a kid at the strangest times. I think one of my local stations would run it weekdays at 5am.

Colonel Worf
October 31st, 2007, 11:50 PM
I do remember. i don't think the became catlike but they turned into cartoon caracters of themselves. I think it was 3 guys and a girl though but that could be wrong. It was called KID VIDEO.

way to read the whole thread. lol