View Full Version : The Mighty Boosh

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

Wulfa_Jones
August 17th, 2005, 02:30 PM
This is the most random show I've ever seen and I love it.

I only ever caught a handful of season 1 when it was repeated on BBC 2 but I'm watching every episode of the second season streaming it straight from the BBC's website (11pm is much to late for me on a week day, plus it's a week ahead).

The show is great... it's a bit like Scooby Doo on acid. Each episode will feature the two leads going up against some rather odd monster (it is one of the joys of an episode to find out what bizarre monster they will face so I won't give you an example). There will always be at least one random musical interlude, sometimes built into a chase scene.

There is a singing moon, a shaman with his flying carpet and gorilla familiar (who also DJ's on the side of course) and in the first season a magical zoo. Then there is also the amazing sets which look like a mixture of left over sets from Star Trek: TOS and The Cabinet Of Dr Caligari.

I think it gets shown on BBC America in the states, the first season is about to come out on DVD in the UK and the second is being shown on a Tuesday night at 11pm on BBC3.

It's such as random show that it has to be seen to be believed. In fact I'm off to watch the 5th episode of season 2 now!

Gildor
February 15th, 2006, 01:33 PM
I missed all of season 1 and all of season 2, and i've only just caught the episode called ' Nanagedon' as its being re run on BBC2.

Needless to say I Love this, the mad cap theme of the characters/set/plotlines are just utterly out there ... ahh im hooked already, plus its funny as hell !

Just bought the first season on DVD, hurry up Amazon ... :D

Wulfa_Jones
February 17th, 2006, 04:08 PM
I've got seasons 1 and 2 on DVD as well as the CD's of the Radio show.

Season 2 has the plot episode on it... has canned laughter and it's just not right!

It's a great show, going to see the live show at the end of the month. While the show seems to have sold out in most places, the TV series doesn't seem to get much publicity. I think if it was on channel 4 it would do better - the BBC stick on at like half 11 on a week day night. Crazy.

Gildor
February 27th, 2006, 06:15 AM
Crikey, the guys are popping up everywhere, BBC morning shows, radio, my student newspaper, they evidently want more people to see the live show. yeah it is a crazy time to show it, but would the BBC put something like this on in the mainstream slots, HAH! Not likely.

Wulfa_Jones
March 1st, 2006, 02:12 PM
Crikey, the guys are popping up everywhere, BBC morning shows, radio, my student newspaper, they evidently want more people to see the live show. yeah it is a crazy time to show it, but would the BBC put something like this on in the mainstream slots, HAH! Not likely.

I've not seen any of this! Don't really have time to watch the BBC Breakfast but I normally catch about half an hour...

I missed getting tickets for the tour as it sold out, that was until the added extra dates. Just got them in the post this morning.

As for the time slot... I think maybe that time on a Friday night would even be better.

Ward
March 1st, 2006, 05:35 PM
Saw it last night on BBC America, thought it was horrible. Maybe I got a hold of a bad episode, but I thought it was amaturish, self-indulgent twadle.

BBC America has been showing a lot of stuff that hasn't really been shown in the US and I've been loving most of it: Little Britain, Alan Partridge, Peep Show, Black Books, are all great or near-great, but the Mighty Boosh is worse even then the Kumars at No. 42 in my opinion.

But hey, we all like different things :)

Gildor
March 1st, 2006, 08:50 PM
I've not seen any of this! Don't really have time to watch the BBC Breakfast but I normally catch about half an hour...

I missed getting tickets for the tour as it sold out, that was until the added extra dates. Just got them in the post this morning.

As for the time slot... I think maybe that time on a Friday night would even be better.

You can catch the video on this site (http://www.youtube.com) just search for The Mighty Boosh, its also got all the good songs as well .... like ....

" Calm a Llama down, Calm a Llama down deep down in the ocean blue like a barnacle .... " Ahem ...

But Ward thats all part of the charm, though i have to agree with your other choices, apart from Little Britian :p

Bizzarely it's meant to be absolutely huge over in Australia even more so than over here.

Wulfa_Jones
March 3rd, 2006, 02:14 PM
Saw it last night on BBC America, thought it was horrible. Maybe I got a hold of a bad episode, but I thought it was amaturish, self-indulgent twadle.

It's not for everyone. What happened in the episode?

Gildor - thanks for the link.

Ward
March 3rd, 2006, 05:40 PM
It was the death at the zoo episode, the best part, imo, was the guy walking around with the tape recorder, recording words he couldn't say and playing them back as needed. The rest...eh...

Maybe I'll give it another go.

Wulfa_Jones
March 4th, 2006, 04:54 AM
What you didn't like Monkey Hell? Crazy!