PDA

View Full Version : Yet another couple of questions about Star Wars! :D

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Zsinj
August 20th, 2005, 05:05 PM
Well, this weekend, I am rewatching the Star Wars Trilogy for about the millionth time, and since I've seen Episode III now, it's like I'm seeing the Trilogy again for the first time, since almost all (but not quite all) of the pieces of the story are now in place.
So I have a few more questions about the Star Wars Saga, if anyone knows the answer:

-I've noticed for qute a while that Darth Vader's breastplate with all the switches and lights on it eerily resembles the Breastplate of Aaron that the Israelite High Priests wore. Is there anything to this, or is it just my imagination? I've also read on theforce.net that there is allegedly hebrew writing on Vader's breastplate that is translated someting like "he shall not be redeemed until he merits", which is supposed to be a jedi curse or something. Is there anything to this either?

-I heard somewhere that the Jedi consider magic/sorcery to be evil and of the Sith/dark side. Is this true?

-How come Lucas never revealed what Yoda's race was in the movies?

-If a Jedi dies and becomes one with the force, when a Sith dies, does he become one with the dark side?

-I've always wondered, why did Yoda say the cave on Dagobah was filled with the power of the dark side. Was there once an ancient Sith temple there or something.

-My last question: I remember having a book called the Art of the Star Wars Universe, and in it was all the art (most of it done by Ralph McQuarrie) that was used for the movies. Now I remember in that book, they were showing the interior and exterior of the Massassi Temple, and in the temple was a gigantic hall with a crystal in the center of it, which within was held Exar Kun's dark spirit, it actually said this in the book. Now to my knowledge, this event happened in the Star Wars novels, which Lucas doesn't see as canon. (shame on him!) So, I'm wondering if perhaps Lucas came up with the idea of Kun before anyone else did, hence the painting for the movie?

Any help would be appreciated. :D

Shehzad
August 20th, 2005, 09:53 PM
You think too much, Zsinj... :)

Evil Agent
August 21st, 2005, 02:13 AM
I'd consider myself a Star Wars nerd/junkie whatever, but I honestly can't answer any of those. And I particularly agree about the Yoda thing, I'd like to know what his race is all about.. there are one or two other of his species in the prequel films (one of them is in Episode I, on the council, a female who looks like Yoda with curly long brown hair).

Wulfa_Jones
August 21st, 2005, 08:34 AM
I've always wondered, why did Yoda say the cave on Dagobah was filled with the power of the dark side. Was there once an ancient Sith temple there or something.

Now I heard something about this... The reason Yoda choose Dagobah was because a very powerful Sith Lord died on the planet forever tainting it with the dark side. This is how Yoda was able to hide on the planet without Palpatine or Vader being able to sense him.

As I said I'm not sure where I heard this... it is just a memory and it could have just been a fan theory.

As for the Exar Kun question - all I know is that Lucas had a huge back story for the galaxy all worked out and older versions of the Star Wars script are laying around, many of which have totally different characters in them i.e. Mace Windu. It's possible that Exar Kun is a Lucas creation borrowed for the expanded universe.

As for the other questions... no idea! I sure even the most hardcore fanboy would have trouble coming up with answers!

Leiali
August 21st, 2005, 09:02 AM
Now I heard something about this... The reason Yoda choose Dagobah was because a very powerful Sith Lord died on the planet forever tainting it with the dark side. This is how Yoda was able to hide on the planet without Palpatine or Vader being able to sense him.

As I said I'm not sure where I heard this... it is just a memory and it could have just been a fan theory.

As for the Exar Kun question - all I know is that Lucas had a huge back story for the galaxy all worked out and older versions of the Star Wars script are laying around, many of which have totally different characters in them i.e. Mace Windu. It's possible that Exar Kun is a Lucas creation borrowed for the expanded universe.

As for the other questions... no idea! I sure even the most hardcore fanboy would have trouble coming up with answers!

I am writing this on behalf of my boyfriend, I have no idea what he is talking about but over to him: the cave on Dagobah bit is indeed to do with Yoda hiding in Dark Side energy, that was covered in one of the Timothy Zahn spin-off novels in the early 90s (when they started off being really cool). Quite a nifty idea. The Exar Kun thing I believe came from some of the comics, also ended up in the Knights of the Old Republic computer games...so I doubt Lucas had anything to do with that. Nevertheless, I feel that the Dagobah cave idea has always been rather a good one.

Wulfa_Jones
August 21st, 2005, 03:00 PM
Leiali - thanks (or thanks to yoyr boyfriend) for confirming the Dagobah bit.
As for Exar Kun... that was pure speculation from me based on Zsinj said about the Art of Star Wars book.