View Full Version : Why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

wrestlemaniac
August 23rd, 2005, 01:10 PM
WHY IS IT THAT NO ONE IS ANSWERING ME ON THE THREADS.I SPENT 2 HOURS WRITING A THREAD LAST WEEK(SUMMERSLAM SPOILERS)AND I WROTE AT LEAST A THOUSAND WORDS AND THEN IT SAYS YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF WORDS AND I HAD TO EDIT IT AND DELETE PARTS AND YET NO ONE EVEN BOTHERS TO ANSWER ME!!!!!!!!

NOW IF YOU WANT TO ANSWER ME REPLY BUT AT LEAST READ MY OTHER THREAD AND REPLY TO THEM I WROTE FOR 2 HOURS MAN

:cry :sick :evil

Evil Agent
August 23rd, 2005, 02:13 PM
Aaaaahhh.... :eek:

You DONT NEED TO SHOUT EVERYTHING, that by itself will turn people away from your posts.

Quagmire
August 23rd, 2005, 05:22 PM
haha...sorry, wrestling is too lame compared to real mixed martial arts specifically pride fighting

Tarn
August 23rd, 2005, 05:43 PM
I imagine there's a couple of reasons.

1. Relevance - you seem to be rather obsessed with wrestling. While this is perfectly fine, it would probably make more sense to talk about it on a wrestling website/newsgroup/forum. Don't you think it's a bit random to do so on a primarily fantasy/sf-focused website? Fantasy literature and wrestling aren't the most obvious bedfellows. Similarly asking if anybody goes to your school is a bit of a limited and strange question.

2. Writing style - you've used some strange writing techniques so far. In the Summerslam post you've capitalised every single word for some reason, which makes it difficult and highly irritating to read. Plus there doesn't appear to be any particular attention to punctuation or grammar. Perhaps this is some kind of wrestling in-joke or format, but all it results in is people not having the inclination or time to read/decode the post. Similarly, your starting post in this thread is all in capitals...which makes it difficult and highly irritating to read. Writing in caps is generally considered to be 'shouting' on the 'net. Just as walking into a pub and screaming everything you say would get you some funny looks and little polite response, the same goes for here. It is also generally associated with immature/young/thoughtless behaviour, so is best avoided if you want people to like and respect you. It won't get you more attention; in fact, it's likely to do exactly the opposite.

In other words...try to be more on-topic, and show a little restraint with your writing.

Kanin
August 23rd, 2005, 07:08 PM
I imagine there's a couple of reasons.

1. Relevance - you seem to be rather obsessed with wrestling. While this is perfeclty fine, it would probably make more sense to talk about it on a wrestling website/newsgroup/forum. Don't you think it's a bit random to do so on a primarily fantasy/sf-focused website? Fantasy literature and wrestling aren't the most obvious bedfellows. Similarly asking if anybody goes to your school is a bit of a limited and strange question.

2. Writing style - you've used some strange writing techniques so far. In the Summerslam post you've capitalised every single word for some reason, which makes it difficult and highly irritating to read. Plus there doesn't appear to be any particular attention to punctuation or grammar. Perhaps this is some kind of wrestling in-joke or format, but all it results in is people not having the inclination or time to read/decode the post. Similarly, your starting post in this thread is all in capitals...which makes it difficult and highly irritating to read. Writing in caps is generally considered to be 'shouting' on the 'net. Just as walking into a pub and screaming everything you say would get you some funny looks and little polite response, the same goes for here. It is also generally associated with immature/young/thoughtless behaviour, so is best avoided if you want people to like and respect you. It won't get you more attention; in fact, it's likely to do exactly the opposite.

In other words...try to be more on-topic, and show a little restraint with your writing.

Well said.

Monty Mike
August 23rd, 2005, 07:42 PM
wrestlemaniac, they're right about what they've said - this isn't really a place for discussing wrestling. By all means make a topic about it and see whether it takes anoyone's interest, but if it doesn't then you're better off finding another place to discuss it. Here are a few forums you might enjoy:

www.talkwrestlingonline.com/forum/

www.weforums.com/forums/

www.prowrestlingforum.com/forum/

We look forward to a topic you create about fantasy or sci-fi, so stick around! :D And don't take the previous posts too personally, I doubt they meant any offense :)

milamber_reborn
August 23rd, 2005, 08:32 PM
I used to be a big wrestling fan, until about the time Y2J joined the WWF as it happens, then they yanked it from free-to-air in her in Oz so I've lost interest. Did read your post and went to WWE.com to check up on the latest news.

Tarn
August 23rd, 2005, 08:33 PM
Indeed, I certainly meant no offence. I seem to recall making similar mistakes when I first started posting to usenet, back in the day. Wrestlemaniac's mistakes only come from his enthusiasm, which should never be discouraged. He just needs to channel that enthusiasm in the right direction! :)

blop
August 24th, 2005, 06:04 AM
Fantasy literature and wrestling aren't the most obvious bedfellows

I don't know, I think Wrestling has more to do with fantasy than sport;)

Prehaps a debate on the merits of Wrestling plots as legitimate, artistic artifacts is in order.

What think thee Wrestlemaniac?

Agreed on all comments Tarn.

wrestlemaniac
August 24th, 2005, 01:13 PM
sorry guts but i am just obsessed cos i made this wrestling website(www.obsessedwithwrestling.com)and i have all the results and profiles/
sorry about the caps locks its a habit do ya forgive me and i will do decent threads