PDA

View Full Version : Marvel 1602

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Zsinj
August 28th, 2005, 08:04 PM
I bought and read the graphic novel "Marvel 1602" not too long ago, in which it showed what would have happened if the marvel superheroes and supervillains lived in the year 1602. I personally found it to be really good and very believable. Plus it's written by Neil Gaiman, which has to count for something! :) Has anyone else here read it and if so, what did you think?

Blackwing
September 4th, 2005, 11:54 AM
I bought the original miniseries. I did enjoy it although I guess I was expecting that we would see more historical people and places. Somehow it felt a little crowded with all of the major superheros in it. It would have been easy to create a 1602 series for each major superhero team!

But as I said I liked it a lot. It's not as good as Sandman but very good by Marvel standards. They are making a sequel to it, too.

Surt
November 14th, 2005, 03:13 PM
I thought it was mediocre at best. The story just seemed stupid and forced, and the art was surprisingly bad. I read a translated edition, though, which may be a factor (no, not in the art department).

Grigann
November 25th, 2005, 04:12 PM
I read it too, and I was a little disappointed, mostly because of the art. The story is not too bad, the dialogs are good and the characters fit perfectly in this setting, but the art has no personality. It's almost outrageously common :( Reminds me a lot of all the "Ultimate" series (not a surprise since Andy Kubert is drawing some of those too).

But yes, in the end, it's very good by Marvel Standards :D