PDA

View Full Version : Obscure Movie that I doubt anyone remembers

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Soless1
August 29th, 2005, 01:58 AM
Okay this is going to be a stretch but what the hell.

For some reason this past week my brain has entered a state of nostalgia and so I have been remembering films I "remember" seeing as a child. Most I can remember enough to find on the internet such as the Last Unicorn etc. However, one has evaded my recollection and it is now getting under my skin. So without further waste of your time here is my vague description.

1.) I believe I saw it in the 80's (late)
2.) I'm pretty sure it was animated
3.) It was set in a desert landscape or at least what I remember was
4.) Female heroine who was a hunter of some sort
5.) Had demonic looking black monsters with lots of red eyes

The scene that I remember is a girl (the heroine?) standing on a cliff looking over the desert while the demons were rushing towards her from the horizon. She seemed rather calm while watching the events unfold, and the demons seemed insect like (centipede comes to mind) with ten to twenty red eyes.

I know this isn't a really good description, but it is all I can remember and I'm sure some of it is wrong (damn the fact that memory becomes hazy with time). If anyone happens to know of the movie (I think it was a movie, but it might have been a series cartoon) I would consider you awesome and my gratitude would be great. Thanks for letting me waste you time.

:) :) :)

Quagmire
August 29th, 2005, 11:05 AM
I think it's Nausicaa, valley of the wind.

Soless1
August 29th, 2005, 11:20 AM
:eek:

I do believe you are right. After googling some images, I'm pretty confident in that is the movie I was looking for. Thanks for you help and for setting a troubled mind at rest.

:) :) :)

-- In the web of life, who does God truly favor the spider or the fly?

-- Arrogance is thinking you are better than others. Confidence is knowing it to be true.

-- Only the prideful and the foolish hold onto what they cannot change.

Quagmire
August 29th, 2005, 12:06 PM
No probs. I really loved that movie back then. It's from the same creator of Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away.

I hear the manga expands a lot more on the world though I have yet to concentrate on finding copies. That and I hate reading black and white comics!