PDA

View Full Version : The 4400

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Nottobrite
August 29th, 2005, 01:08 PM
Has anyone watched this show? It was easily my favorite summer show, and I found the season finale to be one of the better finales.

I find though that this is a hard show to define as a genre. I guess it would be considered Sci/Fi, but, if anything, it more cross genre than anything.

Monty Mike
August 29th, 2005, 01:13 PM
I watched it and loved it. Sadly I'm still waiting for them to continue, all the while forgetting more and more :o

But great show, I agree :D ;)

(I guess it would be classed as sci-fi)

Nottobrite
August 29th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Do you know when the second season starts for you guys? I assume you are from the UK, since it has been airing in the US and Canada.

What I found fascinating in an interview with the creators is how the show was originally planned as just a miniseries, and that it needed closure in the final episode. Yet, it was such a hit they decided to expand it into an actually series. So, some of the producersconsider the big "reveal" at the end of the first season a mistake, or at the very least a road block.

So a lot of the second season is spent twisting the first season reveal in different ways and getting us to question it, or at least wonder whether it's a benelovant or destructive force.

In my opinion, the second season was even better than the first.

Hobbit
August 29th, 2005, 03:47 PM
The first (and rather short!) series I thought was OK, but I found myself watching it and thinking of how much of it was a rehash of older series. I also found myself thinking about how it was sold, (yeah - it's part X Files, part X Men, part Close Encounters..... ) rather than the actual episodes- not sure why!

I'm actually not sure whether I'm actually going to sit through a new series, to be honest; though as you have suggested that it might be worth a watch, I might do. It will be one I watch on DVD if I do, though.

The season is due to be aired on satellite (Sky One) in the UK on the 27th September. This is about the time in the Uk when most new shows start.

Hobbit