View Full Version : Monty Python and the holy grail

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

minney
August 31st, 2005, 03:18 PM
My absolute fav. movie is the monty python and the holy grail. whose with me??!

and has anyone seen spamalot?

Wulfa_Jones
August 31st, 2005, 04:49 PM
At first I liked The Holy Grail over the Life of Brian but that has slowly started to change... I now prefer The Life of Brian over Holy Grail.

The Holy Grail is still great though!

Not yet seen Spamalot... if it makes it over to the UK I'll have to go and see it.

ArthurFrayn
September 4th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Time passes, and Holy Grail and Life of Brian begin to look like stone cold once-in-a-lifetime classics, Bigus Dikus jokes not withstanding. ;)

Jabberwocky looks pretty good too.:D

Gonna try to see SpamaLot.

Hobbit
September 4th, 2005, 08:53 PM
OK, you've missed it: but THIS HAPPENED (http://www.netscape.co.uk/entertainment/6.html?PYTHON%20FANS%20MAKE%20ANNUAL%20PILGRIMAGE) today.

Would like to see Spamalot: but not in the UK yet. (Think there's plans though!)

Hobbit

Evil Agent
September 5th, 2005, 01:04 AM
That's funny you put up that link, Hobbit,because I was just about to say: I went there as well, 2 years ago, On a trip from Edinburgh to the Highlands. It was hilariously surreal.

Zentron
September 5th, 2005, 04:16 AM
The sad thing about the Holy Grail movie was the guy who was playing Arthur(I forget his name) was drunk all the way through film, which it kinda made his acting a little off. Though he sobered off for Life of Brian, which you can tell completely 'cause he played the role so well then.

Faust
September 5th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Hehe...I just watched this movie few days ago with a couple of my friends.
I'v watched it already long time ago but this was their first time watching it.

We' were a "bit" ;) drunk as well so it added to general amusement.

Boll Weevil
September 8th, 2005, 10:45 PM
I've seen spamalot. It's very good, much better than expected. The musical numbers are actually pretty funny.

The only problem is, having seen the movie one is expecting the voices of Cleese and co for the bits taken directly from the Holy Grail.

-Pineapple-
September 10th, 2005, 01:57 PM
My fave. aswell. :D
I had the video, but I watched it so many times, it chewed itself up. So I just had to go buy the DVD instead.
It was worth it, there are some brilliant extra bits. I looove the sing-a-longs. ;)

AJ_
July 3rd, 2006, 01:35 PM
I finally watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail the other day. A bit disappointing. Maybe because I've heard so many great things about it so I was expecting more. Definitely one of the weirdest movies I've seen. It did have some funny moments, but all in all I'm glad I only rented it and didn't buy it. ;)