PDA

View Full Version : Vampirella

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Zentron
September 5th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Any other fans of this beautiful, vicious vampire lady in here?

Zanzibar
September 6th, 2005, 05:30 PM
I'm a fan of all beautiful, vicious vampire ladies, but that's besides the point. Actually, I'm only just getting into the graphic novel thing now (two Sin City's and V for Vendetta is all I've purchased so far, though the rest of the Sin City series is coming soon). I know Vampirella from my younger days, however, when I had a mediocre stack of comics to call my own.

Zentron
September 7th, 2005, 06:37 AM
That's cool. I have only just started to get a decent collection of comics and graphic novels myself, just have a couple of crates full. Got a load of vintage Judge Dred, Uncanny X-men, so on, but I have Vampirella at my collections centre, I just loved the one where Adam blows away Eve with a semi-automatic, top stuff.

Zanzibar
September 7th, 2005, 11:27 AM
I'm a little hesitant to start buying comics as they're rather numerous and I'm already heavily invested in another, very expensive hobby. I always liked Vampirella though so if I can find a collected works or something in graphic novel form I'd definitely pick it up (know of any :) ?).

Severance
September 8th, 2005, 08:16 AM
I'm not that interested in current depictions of Vampirella, but I have three collections taken from various issues of the old Black & White magazine.

Transcending Time & Space - art by Jose Gonzalez
A Scarlet Thirst - art by Jose Gonzalez, Rudy Nebres & Jose Ortiz
The Blood Red Queen of Hearts - art by Jose Gonzalez, Gonzalo Mayo & Esteban Maroto

Liam Sharp
December 2nd, 2005, 12:28 PM
Here's my interpretation of Vampirella as she appeared in the last issue of the recent magazine. It was a short story I wrote as well as drew called Winter Rose. One of the best jobs I ever did. :)

http://mitglied.lycos.de/sharpgallery/upload/winter_rose_01.jpg

Zentron
December 2nd, 2005, 03:34 PM
Here's my interpretation of Vampirella as she appeared in the last issue of the recent magazine. It was a short story I wrote as well as drew called Winter Rose. One of the best jobs I ever did. :) :eek: Now that's a really great pic LS, have you sent it to the mags office? I'm sure they would love it!

Liam Sharp
December 2nd, 2005, 03:49 PM
Thankyou! :)
It was published in the last issue. This was page one of an eight page story.
Glad you liked it.

Liam.

Zanzibar
December 2nd, 2005, 05:27 PM
That is indeed gorgeous. I'm insanely jealous at this point and don't trust myself to say anything further except great picture! Glad you got it published :).

Zentron
December 2nd, 2005, 10:19 PM
Thankyou! :)
It was published in the last issue. This was page one of an eight page story.
Glad you liked it.

Liam.I don't have the last issue :( I am so behind!!

Maybe I'll send in my drawing when it's done!