View Full Version : Interview with a...

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Rocket Sheep
September 6th, 2005, 01:31 AM
... sheep...

...and some other writers about Clarions and why workshops and the critiquing process are useful. If you're interested.

IROSF (http://www.irosf.com/q/zine/article/10186)

Hereford Eye
September 6th, 2005, 07:40 AM
You can't hand in stories with the same fault week after week and not expect your all-seeing peers to come down on you like a ton of something smelly.
You failed to mention OWWW which is at least as good - if not better - than Critters. And, in my experience, sheep do not stink so much but their wrath is phenomenal for such meek little wusses.

Holbrook
September 6th, 2005, 07:55 AM
You failed to mention OWWW which is at least as good - if not better - than Critters. And, in my experience, sheep do not stink so much but their wrath is phenomenal for such meek little wusses.

I wish you wouldn't mention sheep's wrath (sounds like a type of beer ;) ) as I am awaiting some of that to drop into my mailbox.... :eek: :eek: :eek:

Have joined this thingy to read the article so I best get the most out of the freebie month and read all of it.... ;)

Rocket Sheep
September 6th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Oh no... I mentioned Otherworlds several times and my other group SuperNOVA and my kidswritersdownunder group (yes I belong to three crit groups)... but I got cut... I got cut a lot... I almost don't recognise that MacDibble chick they interviewed. Kinda like reading back old posts here. At least they put Otherworlds in my bio. SuperNOVA and Antipodean SF Mag didn't even rate a mention.

I also think Otherworlds are better than Online or Critters but of course they're not as popular because you have to work harder, ie. be serious about writing, to stay in the group so their membership is always around 70 writers whereas the other groups get up into the hundreds.

Yes, I have a tiny squirrelly wrath (like early Foamy when he was incomprehensible... not like the swearing ranting Foamy of today - don't you hate it when your favourite animated stars stop taking drugs?). But when I said that the overseas presenters wouldn't forget our colourful personalities... I didn't mean me. That first Clarion mob were wild, the presenters have already forgotten me... in fact I had to reintroduce myself to so many people at the last con that I now check myself in the mirror before I go out to see if I'm really there and haven't faded away altogether. The invisible man didn't start out this way, did he?

Rocket Sheep
September 6th, 2005, 09:43 PM
Holbrook... September is the ninth freebie month this year... I don't think there are any actual plans to have subscribers pay in the next year or two.

That's the mag that reviewed one of my stories, made fun of my name and called me the "fluff component", cool huh? ;)

Hereford Eye
September 7th, 2005, 09:31 AM
Someone at that magazine is positively droll! A Rocket Sheep as the fluff component, indeed.