PDA

View Full Version : Multiauthor story (SF postapocalypse)

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Alai
February 15th, 2002, 08:44 AM
Since my last post (fanfiction) was locked I'm starting a new multiauthor thread. It's gonna be post apocolypse but I don't have a good begining yet, please help me out here.

nicba
February 15th, 2002, 01:37 PM
Hi Alai

As I wrote to you in the feedback forum (though you might not have seen), you could also take a look at one of our old multiauthor projects:

---

Alai, you could also try to continue on our old collaborative (or multiauthor) story. It's a long time since anyone wrote anything on it, but it's not declared dead yet (I think). The story was called 'Tales of Baldarr' or something like that. It wasn't SF but fantasy, though.
Alternative, there was an even older collaborative SF story called 'Lost Breed,' started by lior. You could also dig that one out and try to resurrect it.

Both of them should still be somewhere in the Writing forum.

---

Multiauthor projects seems to have a rather short lifespan on this board, though.

An8el
February 16th, 2002, 12:42 AM
Yes Alai, I would write with people on either of those stories...."Tales of Baldarr" or "Lost Breed." I have a week or so here where I can do some of that.

Essentially how to start a new story is this: You create two new threads. One thread to talk about the story and the one where the story itself starts out. Give the one where our story starts out a vague title...and put a note in the first post of the story thread that it is an open collaborative multi-author story and to discuss it on the second thread. Then you write the first contribution to begin the story in a second post. So you're posting twice, once with the "intro" and second on the same thread with the story's beginning. You don't have to know what's going on in the story to start it. Write something really short about the setting or a character, like Erebus did in the Melancholy Imp.

I've noticed that maybe these past two stories got bogged down when some of the contributors criiticized others for their contributions. We can do the criticizing in the editing phase, right?

Angel

Alai
February 16th, 2002, 07:27 AM
OK, I'll check them out.