PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember this movie?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Ellencherie
September 12th, 2005, 11:41 AM
I'm trying to remember this science fiction/fantasy movie I saw on TV in the late 50's - 60's. It was set in medieval times and involved a bunch of warrior buddies with a scene at a windmill where a girl turns into a monster and kills by biting on the neck. The final scene is where all the warriors come back to life. Anyone remember it?

Zentron
September 12th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Umm, I think you need to give just, a little bit more info.

Ellencherie
September 15th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Ok, here's some more infor. I'm trying to remember a movie I saw on TV in the mid 50's to 1970. It seems like it was set in King Arthur times. The story line's about this guy who goes on a quest for something with fellow
warriors. A witch or female is trying to stop the quest. His
fellow men get killed off one by one. One scene I remember is the
leader fighting a giant, and he goes around the giant faster and
faster on a horse, until the giant gets dizzy and falls over dead.
The end scene is when all his fellow soldiers come back to life by a
spell or something.

Pison
September 15th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Any of these?

-the 15-chapter serial The Adventures of Sir Galahad (1949) with George Reeves (in a pre-Superman role) in the title role

-based on Mark Twain's 1889 short story, Tay Garnett's time-travel fantasy musical film with Bing Crosby, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court (1949) - other versions in 1921, 1931, 1970 (animated), and derivatives including The Spaceman and King Arthur (1979) (aka The Unidentified Flying Oddball and A Spaceman in King Arthur's Court), Michael Gottlieb's children's fantasy A Kid in King Arthur's Court (1995), and the adventure comedy Black Knight (2001) with Martin Lawrence

-Richard Thorpe's romantic costume adventure epic Knights of the Round Table (1953) and MGM's first widescreen production in England, with Mel Ferrer (as King Arthur), Robert Taylor (as Lancelot), and Ava Gardner (as Guinevere) in the classic historical love triangle; the follow-up film for Robert Taylor in Ivanhoe (1952); based on Sir Thomas Malory's classic 15th century novel Le Morte D'Arthur

-Tay Garnett's Arthurian 'western' and swashbuckler The Black Knight (1954), with Alan Ladd as an aspiring young swordmaker who became the vengeance-seeking Black Knight

-Henry Hathaway's CinemaScopic Prince Valiant (1954) with Robert Wagner as the title character and Janet Leigh as Princess Aleta, with a story based on the Viking prince comic strip character from Hal Foster; remade in 1997

-co-producer, star, and director Cornel Wilde's Lancelot and Guinevere (1963) (aka Sword of Lancelot) with Cornel Wilde as Sir Lancelot, Jean Wallace as Princess Guinevere, and Brian Aherne as King Arthur

-Disney's animated The Sword in the Stone (1963), based upon T. H. White's beloved novel, The Once and Future King

-Joshua Logan's big-budget musical Camelot (1967) with Richard Harris, Vanessa Redgrave, and Franco Nero replacing the original Broadway stars of the Lerner-Loewe hit: Richard Burton, Julie Andrews, and Robert Goulet; the film won Oscars for Costumes, Scoring, and Art Direction/Set Decoration

Of course, I have never seen a movie, but, I have heard about this King Arthur, protector of the rose.

pattyorigami
November 25th, 2005, 12:47 AM
sounds to me like one of the sinbad movies. is it with clay-mation monsters?