PDA

View Full Version : Jesus on Mars? or: what was it called?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

NoneShallPass
September 12th, 2005, 02:58 PM
I remember reading a story (I am almost certain it was a short story) and I get the feeling it was by Ray Bradbury (although I may be wrong) about a colony on Mars that houses Jesus. And there are these people (humans i believe) that are trying to find him. they want jesus for one reason or another, and they are wandering around looking for him, only to find that he has already left when they find the martain villaige he has been staying with, and they are all upset, but they finally leave and return to earth. as it turns out, jesus was there the whole time and the martains were hiding him.
I know there was a Novel by Phillip Jose Farmer called Jesus On Mar, but I dont recall having read it. and the plot outline i read of it doesnt sound like the one I remember.
does anyone know what story I am thinking of? I may have imagined it. I think I will write it if I cant find who its by.

NoneShallPass
September 13th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Never mind. I figured it out. It is 'The Man' by Ray Bradbury. it is included in The Illustrated Man.

Phantos
September 16th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Lazarus Long kinda fits that description as well, fyi, just saying.

Avi_stetto
September 17th, 2005, 12:51 AM
You might want to check out the anthology I Sing the Body Electric! And Other Stories. It has one story that I vividly remember about a telepathic Martian who appears to a pastor/priest in the form of Jesus.