PDA

View Full Version : Favourite sega megadrive (genesis) games! Got one?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Dean
September 12th, 2005, 03:06 PM
I noticed that not alot of new threads were being posted so here goes! Has anyone got a favourite megadrive (genesis) game? Course you have what's yours and why do you like it so much? Tell other people about it! Do you still play it? Tell me!

Zanzibar
September 12th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Don't have my Genesis anymore, but I remember some good ones.

NHL '94-My friends and I played this game to death and it's the only sports game I've ever really enjoyed.

Boogerman-Just some good, crude side-scrolling platform fun.

Sonic-C'mon :).

Earthworm Jim-Similar to Boogerman but was more of a challenge and had some more diverse gameplay.

I'll put up some more when I think of them.

Zentron
September 13th, 2005, 04:00 AM
Hmm, tricky question... I have so many....... well, I guess I'll have to go with Phantasy Star, if there was a game I've ever spent so much time playing this is it.(bar Shining Force 3 ;))

Z

Draig
September 13th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Mine has got te be Sonic.. :D

Dean
September 13th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Hmm I like sonic but not as much as the phantasy star or shining force series.

Ouroboros
September 13th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Streets of Rage I & II.

Probably the finest side-scrolling beat 'em ups ever made. Double Dragon is more iconic, and Final Fight might have ended up the bigger franchise ... but Streets of Rage was far more playable than either.

Draig
September 13th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Streets of Rage I & II.

Probably the finest side-scrolling beat 'em ups ever made. Double Dragon is more iconic, and Final Fight might have ended up the bigger franchise ... but Streets of Rage was far more playable than either.

Yeah.. Streets of Rage II is one of the best side scrolling fighting games I've played.. although I enjoyed Double Dragon and Golden Axe aswell..

Becks
September 13th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Sadly I no longer have my megadrive...

I grew up with the megadrive, I was about 3 when I first played on mine...so my fave was sonic..... :D

Dawnstorm
September 13th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Phantasy Star 2 & 4 (sadly 3 was a bore, despite an outstanding concept, a nice implementation of generations - you did recognise the parents in the offspring and yet they retained individuality; my favourites were the twins, superb music... but annoyingly tedious dungeons, monotonous landscapes, no character animation in battles... I wish somebody would keep the story-line and characters but re-work the graphics, dungeon and world design...)

Shining Force 1 & 2 (but especially 1; the characters were way more interesting)

Super Street Fighter II (the new challengers)

Dr. Robotik's Mean Bean Factory (not as easy as columns; and those beans are cuter than tetris blocks :D )

kater
September 13th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Brian Lara Cricket - the game I wasted whole days of my life playing, even at uni my mate Steve and I played a test match that lasted eight hours and in which time we sobered up :D