SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Jack
September 21st, 2005, 09:07 PM
Who was that guy in the hatch? Arrrrg!!

I'm trying to get into Lost this season. I watched the hour long season 1 recap (nice, ABC) and so, anyway.

Who was that guy in the hatch? Arrrrg!!

EDIT:

My profuse apologies for any who were a victim of my spoiler recently posted in Lost Season 1 Discussion, which I see has been moved. I feel ridiculously foolish. I can only blame my ignorance of the series coupled with my own carelessness.

With All Sincerity,

Homer

Erfael
September 21st, 2005, 11:05 PM
Anything for season two goes here.

Eldanuumea
September 22nd, 2005, 07:45 AM
Desmond? I can't wait to see how he figures into this.......does he have that disease the French woman talked about? Is that what he was shooting up.....an inoculation?

And where are the people on the raft? Was that really Walt?
This waiting is awful! I got spoiled with watching the first season all at once on DVD.......LOL!

Erfael
September 22nd, 2005, 10:32 AM
Desmond? I can't wait to see how he figures into this.......does he have that disease the French woman talked about? Is that what he was shooting up.....an inoculation?

And where are the people on the raft? Was that really Walt?
This waiting is awful! I got spoiled with watching the first season all at once on DVD.......LOL!

Yeah, I called the writers all kinds of dirty things last night after that cliffhanger. Forget does he have the disease or anything like that. How the hell did he end up in the hatch on that same island....and it's like he knew he and Jack would come together again when they met at the stadium. But all the stuff in the hatch with him seemed like '50s/'60s equipment....really, really odd.

And the waiting is awful every week....especially if they don't answer your questions next week....or the one after that....

You watched them all on DVD, so it was only a matter of hours if you were really curious about something. Sometimes these folks draw it out for a month or more by dancing around an issue and hinting, hinting, hinting. At any rate, I'm really glad the show is back, can't wait to find out more.

Did anyone see what he types in on the computer at the beginning? I didn't. Nor did I get a good look at what the bottles said that he shot up with. Or did anyone else notice the disparity between the shiny little house in the hatch at the beginning and the craphole that it was at the end? Weird junk.

Regarding Walt, no idea. I don't even have ideas about the others. If it was him, there's no reason he should be all drippy like that in the middle of the jungle. But again, super coincidence that she sees Walt, who is the one person from the raft who was taken by the people on the other boat? They sure know how to leave us hanging.

Rob B
September 22nd, 2005, 11:49 AM
I've got TiVO which allows you to rewind and pause and what not, so I rewound to the beginning and picked up a couple of things

-Every bottle of the stuff he shoots up with has Hugo's numbers on them...
-When you see all the cameras, in each one, you can see reflection of Locke and Jack peering down the hole
-I rewatched him type a few times and I couldn't determine what he was typing, but I couldn't help but think of THE MATRIX, and I think this was intentional, just to throw out a red herring
-Not much else stood out from his apartment, as it were

Other thoughts-

-I don't think the place was that crappy at the end, just all the lights were out.
-I don't know that the quarantine was inside the hatch, I think because it said quarantine on the inside of the hatch, the island is quarantined from the inside of the hatch.
-I think Walt may have been a hologram projected by the others

MindsEye
September 22nd, 2005, 11:49 AM
the stuff in the hatch with him seemed like '50s/'60s equipment....really, really odd.

And the waiting is awful every week....especially if they don't answer your questions next week....or the one after that....

The computers looked mid/late 70's to me. :cool:

Erfael
September 22nd, 2005, 12:13 PM
-I don't think the place was that crappy at the end, just all the lights were out.
-I don't know that the quarantine was inside the hatch, I think because it said quarantine on the inside of the hatch, the island is quarantined from the inside of the hatch.
-I think Walt may have been a hologram projected by the others

Yeah, I agree now that it wasn't as crappy as it first looked. I had it taped on VCR, so not the best quality, but it did look like the nice apartment might have been there still sort of behind where Locke and Desmond were. Not sure about the hologram thing, but you may be right on with the quarantine. Intriguing thing about the numbers on the injection stuff. All I could make out was RX-1 on my recording.

GF raised another interesting one today: What's the possibility that Desmond was somehow responsible for making her surgery a success? Jack seems like he knows what he's doing, so if he says the spinal damage is too extensive, he's probably right. So maybe Desmond is somehow pulling some strings from his hatch, creating a miracle or two here or there....that's pretty farfetched, but it looks like he's been in that hatch for a long, long time. The Matrix idea may be a red herring, but maybe not. (So really weird possibility....maybe this season will focus on how every one of the survivors have met Desmond at some time in the past. I'm just throwing things out, but it's certainly possible, the way they run things on this show.) EDIT: Another idea....I don't have season 1 to go look, but is there any chance that Desmond was the person in Hugo's mental institution that was repeating the numbers over and over? I don't think it was, but can neither verify or negate that idea right now.

None of which really answers the question of who is he and why is he down there.....

The computers looked mid/late 70's to me.

Yeah, I wasn't around back then. :) But still, it's been much more recent than that that Jack ran into him...and then to both end up on the island. I say again: Weird.

Kanin
September 22nd, 2005, 05:57 PM
The best Lost episode yet. I love it!!!

I also noticed the number "108" in the mural in the hatch apartment. 108 is all the "bad" numbers added together.

Erfael
September 28th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Somebody with TIVO help me out.

1. What did the emblem that Locke saw at the beginning say? The same one that was on Desmond's jumper.

2. When the shark was chasing Sawyer on his way to the pontoon, did I very quickly see that same emblem on its tail as it swam past the camera?

Intriguing episode, once again....looks like something will actually happen next week.

Also, after Locke told Desmond he was the one, Desmond asked Locke a question. I couldn't make it out. What did he ask him?

NeonKnight
September 28th, 2005, 10:14 PM
I'm guessing that Locke's and Jack's fiances miracle spinal cures are connected. By Desmond and his stadium meeting with Jack somehow and by the island in Locke' s case. Remember Danielle's companions were driven mad by a sickness, my theory is the sickness is a side effect of the spinal cure drug experiment.

God this show is so well done...

Why does Desmond have Locke type the numbers in the computer? Because Desmond heard Kate getting loose? So it is apparent the security system does appears to be connected to Desmond's computer, with those dammable numbers again.(no surprise there really)

With Desmond surprised that the world is still out there. I'm still guessing on a secret govt. project, gone Kurtz, with some type of spinal cure twist. The "others" have all gone off the deep end because of the sickness/spine cure, and for some reason our crash survivors have not gotten it yet.

Of course, Walt is the "him" Desmond referred to, his strange mental powers are much desired by this accursed island and its demented residents. Was'nt too surprised to see Sawyer and Michael drift back to the island, we all know this island doesn't let anyone go... alive anyway.