PDA

View Full Version : Dark Champion

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

dima124
February 11th, 2002, 01:13 PM
It was a bright Saturday morning. The city was washed out with sun and sky was blue. Cars were speeding away, their drivers impatient to get somewhere, reluctant to waste such a precious day. Ron stepped out of the house to get a paper. He shielded his eyes from the sun and looked around. Air was fragrant with freshly cut grass. He nodded to his neighbour still engaged in the struggle with the lawn. The paper boy left his paper under a tree. When Ron bent down to pick it up, something fell on him out of the tree. He jumped away just barely able to keep from shouting in surprise. An elf complete with little but clearly functional wings was staring straight into his face. Ron was a huge fantasy fan, so he instantly knew the elf for what it was. The elf was only as tall as his belt buckle. It smelled of deep mountain lakes and hidden forest glades. His eyes were sad and mischievous at the same time.
“ You better come in, before someone sees you” – whispered Ron, uncertain whether the elf would be able to understand English. Elf nodded seriosly and with a woosh of air disappeared. Ron stumbled back into his house only to discover the elf sitting on the couch in the living room. He smiled at the elf uncertainly and waited for what was to come next.
“I need your help”- said the elf
“What kind of help?”
“A human must gather three talismans, open three gates and close three more different gates, then reality will not be destroyed. Dark King needs your help. The forces of Light are winning.”

Orbwar
March 3rd, 2002, 04:08 AM
you just can't wait to jump into the story can u.
not thats thats a bad thing. but when i was reading your story i didnt really under stand wot was going on u need to be more descripted.

sorry if i have offended you.

orb

milamber_reborn
March 5th, 2002, 05:54 PM
Sounds interesting to me. A bit of mssing grammar and needs expanding. A query - n explanation for the elf being audible with tiny vocal cords.