SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Meta4Madame
September 26th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Dear Noelle Nance:

I read your poem "If you but knew" and was blown away! I am a hopeless romantic, and I must admit that it spoke to me so closely.

I was wondering if you have anything coming up in the near future, or if there is a book in the works?

Crow
September 26th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Doubt she'll be reading this, sorry.

Meta4Madame
September 26th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Crow:

Do you know the author of this poem? Is there a chance for a response, perhaps if not here?

Rob B
September 27th, 2005, 12:12 PM
I don't even think this is posted at SFFWorld? If so, link it.

Meta4Madame
September 27th, 2005, 03:36 PM
I am green to how to maneuver in this site, so a little tutorial may be needed. But I saw the poem here...

Monty Mike
September 27th, 2005, 03:50 PM
I am green to how to maneuver in this site, so a little tutorial may be needed. But I saw the poem here...
Many users submit work without ever posting in the forums. Did you leave a comment on the poem's page? That might be the best thing to do, and be sure to leave your email if you'd like him/her to contact you. It's not common, but certain users may post their work here and never bother to return, especially if it was submitted quite a while ago. Even some heavy users have mysteriously left over the years :o

Best of luck getting in contact with them :)

Meta4Madame
September 27th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the education. That's what I need. Keep it coming. As far as the comments, I did not see a comments section, just a rating scale. but like with everything else, maybe I'm not looking right... please advise, I would really like to contact the writer, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Monty Mike
September 27th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the education. That's what I need. Keep it coming. As far as the comments, I did not see a comments section, just a rating scale. but like with everything else, maybe I'm not looking right... please advise, I would really like to contact the writer, and any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'll help best I can. Firstly though, I'll need you to link me to the page.

After doing a brief search in the stories/poems section I can't find anyone listed under the name Noelle Nance.

Meta4Madame
September 27th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Funny you say that; I tried to find it through the author and was unable to do it. I was directed to this site by Google'ing the poem " If you but knew" Noelle Nance comes up from SFF. That's how I was introduced to this site, actually.

Monty Mike
September 27th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Funny you say that; I tried to find it through the author and was unable to do it. I was directed to this site by Google'ing the poem " If you but knew" Noelle Nance comes up from SFF. That's how I was introduced to this site, actually.
Alright, I've done the search and found the poem. It appears she submitted it in 2002 and the page itself is somehow in a dark only-reachable-by-google corner of the site. It's certainly not showing up in the stories/poems section which may mean she had it removed some time ago though for a strange reason it's clung on to an old page.

May I suggest you send a PM to daigoro (head admin/site owner) if you'd like to find out why this is happening.

Just for convenience here's his profile - http://www.sffworld.com/forums/member.php?userid=338

That's about as far as I can take you, good luck :)