PDA

View Full Version : HALO movie

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Bitter Buffalo
October 4th, 2005, 11:09 PM
This might possibly be the coolest news I've heard in awhile.

Peter Jackson will be producing the movie adaptation of the HALO games. The guy who wrote 28 Days Later is writing the script, and WETA is doing the SFX.

Bungie.net press release (http://bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=biggorilla&p=4955829)

This is gonna be so great, I can taste it.

Wonder who will direct? With all these great people involved already they should be able to attract a biggie.

Wulfa_Jones
October 5th, 2005, 03:55 AM
I was about to add that to the post I made a while back after I heard that Alex Garland was on scrpit duty.

Depending on how ends up directing it looks like this could be the first really good film based on a game.

JamesL
October 5th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Alex Garland is a very talented novelist/screenwriter (he also wrote The Beach novel, if you didn't realise ;)) and is a bit of a gamer, which will certainly help. As for the mighty Peter Jackson, we know all about him. Apparently he's been playing Halo 2 whilst shooting King Kong, so he should have a good feel for the film. As for who will direct, not sure but it'll be interesting. Ridley Scott might be a decent choice, as he's got exeprience of doing sci-fi (Alien) and epic battle scenes (Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven).

Evil Agent
October 5th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Wow! That's pretty cool... but how is Peter Jackson going to work on this, when his plate is already full? After King Kong, he was supposed to direct 'The Lovely Bones' or whatever it's called, and then I think there was another one, and then possibly a WWI epic, and then possibly/eventually The Hobbit.

Bitter Buffalo
October 5th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Well he is just Exec. Producer, so that shouldn't take too much of his time. The real cool news is WETA IMHO.

BlackCauldron
October 7th, 2005, 02:15 PM
I was originally very scared off by yet another video game-to-movie adaptation, but having Jackson direct does give it some promise.

Evil Agent
October 7th, 2005, 02:22 PM
Not direct, unfortunately. Only produce.

Stark Direwolf
October 27th, 2005, 07:01 PM
I cringe everytime I hear of another video game to movie acraption.

resident evil was ok i guess but geeez the rest how patronizing

guitarman
October 27th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Whoa!!!
28 Days Later was awesome and Peter Jackson rulz