PDA

View Full Version : Carpal Tunnel!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

RamblinManMike
October 4th, 2005, 10:38 PM
My arch nemesis. Sometimes it feels like i tore a tendon if i'm not getting enough sleep or on a non-stop binge. Posture is also a pain in the arse sometimes. I've found its often best to just bite the bullet and sit up ramrod straight, it really does help. Anyone else have any maladies, complaints, or deformities from writing? ;)

Holbrook
October 5th, 2005, 01:39 AM
Sitting up straight is good. ;)

Sit with your feet flat and legs at right angles if that makes sense. Make sure your chair has a good lumber support. A mouse mat with a "gell" rest is also good.

As for myself I have an impaired lymph system which has resulted in my being handicapped. I suffer from lymphodeama in my lower limbs. I can't sit for long periods with out my legs swelling and aching fit to drop off ;) So it is a matter of doing a bit here, moving, walking, sitting a bit more and working a bit more.

In my job I tend to do the trips to the kitchen for coffee and take the stuff down to the photocopier as I need to break up my day with small walks ;)

Rocket Sheep
October 5th, 2005, 02:00 AM
I used to have carpal tunnel, about fifteen years ago, really badly, but I regrew those wasted muscles to the point where they can do about 30 hours of typing a week no problems.

I have a twice broken finger that doesn't bend in two joints - it still types okay, but that was caused by basketball... writing has only caused me to be unable to walk past a bookshop without going in, driven me quite mad and given me the illusion that sometimes I'm funny. It's all a bit pathetic really. :(

RamblinManMike
October 5th, 2005, 02:03 PM
lol, i know what your saying. I walk into chapters even if i have no money and know for a fact i own every book in their fantasy section. I go in there just to BE there, its strange, lol. Learning through osmosis i guess.

Holbrook - I need stories like yours now and then to get me to quit whining, thanks and Gl. If you can do it i certainly can.