PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the second D&D movie will suck as much as the first?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Zsinj
October 6th, 2005, 10:22 PM
About a week ago, I saw a preview on the Sci-Fi Channel of the sequel to the abysmal D&D Movie: Dungeons and Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God, only when I first saw it, I thought it was a series, having nothing whatsoever to do with the stinkbomb of a movie, but, upon seeing the preview the second time, I noticed the dude that played the villain in the first one that looks like Rob Halford, and I thought, O brother! Not again! So, what do you folks think? Do you think the second D&D Movie will suck as badly as the first, or worse, or perhaps by some miracle the directors/writers will see what they have done wrong in the first one, and it will actually turn out to be decent? Personally, I think this film is going to suck so bad, I'm almost afraid to watch it! :(

BlackCauldron
October 7th, 2005, 02:07 PM
The first one was TERRIBLE. So I see no reason why a sequel wouldn't be just as bad. Surprised they even decided to make one frankly.

Monty Mike
October 7th, 2005, 04:15 PM
I didn't mind the first one all that much. Some of the characters really amused me :D

Regarding the second one, I think it will probably be better. They're bound to have taken into account peoples comments and worked with them. I'm assuming the fact that you saw it on the sci-fi channel would suggest it's not going to the cinema? I can't even remember if the last one did. Either way, I do look forward to it - be it good or bad - D&D is always thoughtless entertainment :p

Wulfa_Jones
October 8th, 2005, 12:42 PM
The first one is watchable but really quite poor.

Can't see the this one being any better!

Evil Agent
October 8th, 2005, 11:32 PM
Let's be honest; the first one was brutal! Especially for 'D&D' which can offer almost any conceivable storyline, this one was so disappointing.

Sure, I can understand how it might be entertaining to some... but it could and should have been so much better.

Remember that dwarf? ROTFLMAO... :D

Kanin
October 9th, 2005, 12:57 PM
The first one was midly amusing with some good performances and some horrible performances (Jeremy Irons). But the director was awful and way out of his league.

I watched a little bit of the second one last night and it was actually not bad. Better director by far. I didn't keep watching because I wanted to start at the beginning.

I mean, it's not LOTR by far. But, it's watchable.

Evil Agent
October 10th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Jeremy Irons was the horrible performance? I mean, I don't remember him being particularly good, but wasn't he pretty much the only decent actor involved?

Kanin
October 10th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Jeremy Irons was the horrible performance? I mean, I don't remember him being particularly good, but wasn't he pretty much the only decent actor involved?

Just because he's a good actor, doesn't mean he had a good performance. Have you seen it? Because, Iron's is horrible in it. Can you say overacting?

Zsinj
October 11th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Can you say overacting?

Yeah, Irons tried to do that evil, insaniac, snapping thing with his voice like Ian McDiarmid does so well as the Emperor in the Star Wars movies, but instead it ended up looking totally corny and laughable.