PDA

View Full Version : How many people here have actually had a book published or are trying?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

milamber_reborn
February 17th, 2002, 03:27 AM
I myself have almost finished my first novel and will stop at nothing (almost) to become a full-time writer.

I'm just curious as to how many professionals are in our midst. Also, how many of us have written a novel or are writing one with the hope of getting it serious.

nb: I mean seriously trying to become a writer, not just as a hobby with no real conviction.

Bardos
February 17th, 2002, 04:35 AM
Serious = published, for you?

*ugh*

Btw, I'm writing the sixth novel of a sixtet (sp?) now. And I'm mainly writing b/c I want to. Do you think I'm serious enought?

Alai
February 17th, 2002, 08:10 AM
I haven't writen anything yet but i have a story ready to be writen down. I hope I can be considered serious...

Alucard
February 17th, 2002, 09:12 AM
I'm finishing my second novel now, and, once I'm done, am going to shop around to publishers. Hopefully something will come of it. If not, I figure there's always self publishing, which may or may not lead to something bigger. I definitely would like to get somehwere with my writing, but even if that never happens, I'll still continue to write. It's something that I love to do regardless of whether or not I'll ever see any fruit from my labor.

milamber_reborn
February 18th, 2002, 12:47 AM
A bit of clarification. By not serious, i mean just writing as a hobby and feeling like it is no more than that and it could never be published.

I would not mind hearing views from these people too. (like theme of story etc, when they starte writing etc.)

I myself am writing for fun, yet i am determined to get it published. I have nothing against non-serious writers.

Erebus
February 18th, 2002, 03:14 AM
Well, I guess most here know that I have a few books out there now! But my prime reason for writing is always for enjoyment - both mine, and my readers! http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif

Alai
February 18th, 2002, 08:17 AM
I did not know that(but then I'm new here). What books are yours? Anyway you should visit the "how long to get published" topic and give us some light over there.

I too am writing for fun. I am, as you can see, from Sweden. Therefor my English isn't the best. i hope I can write something in English and get some response from the writing forum. The big dream, ofcourse, would be to get published someday.

Mikanine
February 18th, 2002, 09:56 AM
I'm currently editing my manuscript and will be sending off the first 3 edited chapters before the week is out!

lets have every limb crossed for a positive reply!!!

James Barclay
February 18th, 2002, 11:25 AM
It's worth pointing out that publishing a novel and full time writing are not necessarily sequential events. I think something like 95% of published writers have 'other' jobs too.

So, when you get published, don't be disappointed if it doesn't change your life over night. Of course, it might, and if so, all the better!!

Penumbra
February 18th, 2002, 04:43 PM
I published 5 POD novels last year in 2 series and plan on several more this year. POD is difficult to market, so I enhance the publicity by writing serious and humorous articles as well as short stories in assorted zines. You can see samples of my work here at sffworld and check out my website to see how I am doing. I should point out, though, that I am disabled and not doing this for a living. I like writing and have no objection to pocket change when it comes, if it comes.