View Full Version : New UK Mag

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

madmuse
October 12th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Hello all,

I would like to invite fiction and poetry submissions for a new literary magazine. The magazine will be published quarterly, entitled "The Mad Muse."

Let me state straightaway, we are not the kind of people who charge for 'reading.' Period.

The editorial slant is decidedly edgy. To define what I mean further: 'edgy' in the sense of your work may be perceived as too ambitious by some, or it may not make it past the 9/11 censors, or it may fall afoul of anti-this or that piece of legislation.

We are seeking a broad range of categories. Cross-genre fusion would be most welcome. Equally, experimental prose and verse would be equally desirable. However, the key criterion is not the form, but the content, that it be ambitious.

Yes, we most definitely wish to receive scifi/fantasy & literary horror. The frame is less important than the challenges to the reader's expectations.

On the non-fiction side, we are particular interested in reviews of books that fit our bias, as well as interviews with published writers who produce work that challenges an audience's sensibilities.

Submission guidelines are as follows: please submit electronically in Word with a cover letter, bio, including publishing credits if available. Writer's Digest guidelines acceptable. In the subject field of the e-mail, please state the type of work submitted so that it may be redirected appropriately.

We acquire one-time international rights, thus reverting to the author on publication.

We can pay in 5 contributor copies.

I look forward to your work.

Kindest Regards,

Jason Richardson
submissions@diversified-recruitment.com

Liam Sharp
October 12th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Good luck with the mag, it sounds very interesting!

Check out Event Horizon at www.mamtor.com. We're doing something similar, but with an art slant.

I'll most likely submit something myself down the line!

Kind regards,

Liam.